HorseFixer

WH 520-H Refresh & Rebuild

HorseFixer

All these years of plowing my driveway without a light bar. What was I thinking? I'm probably lucky to still be alive!

Tell that to the Million Snow Plow Trucks plowing Driveways Every Winter. :thumbs: Im sure they value your opinion as much as I do. :violin:

Wheelamatic

Nice job on the rebuild!

I've got a question for you or anyone for that matter, how the heck are you guys getting all the head bolts out without breaking one? I've been into a bunch of Onans on welders etc and every single one of them either pulled a thread or a bolt snapped off. WHAT is the trick?

farmer

I loved that film ~Close Encounters of the third kind~ Duke, :sci-fi-beamup: Thanks for your video's. :thumbs:

Now...... I just need a dark room and a little lie down and I'll be fine. :scared-shocked: :blink:

Jake Kuhn

It looks great,I bet your neigbors will love you :hide:

kpinnc

Wow that is bright! Duke, you may want to be careful- Any older neighbors you have might have seizures if they look at that too long! :ychain:

HorseFixer

:lol: you guys are too much!

HorseFixer

Kevin, Ya need some of these, B) I'm just hoping the drug crazed kids in my neighborhood See's and stay the H*ll away from me + plus I'm teaching my grand daughter Henny the Ropes and that is one precious package that I dont want hurt. This last summer I got her on the Lawn Detail I was hoping to get her some seat time this year but so far a light winter. :( Got a lil more comming thursday night I here. :thumbs: In the first picture thats me in the background doing what I do best screwing off drinking a Cold one in the Shade and supervising. :eusa-whistle:

~Duke

DSCN3709.jpg

DSCN3726.jpg

AMC RULES

Looks like she's having fun Duke, and you too back there. :)

HorseFixer

Thanks Craig, :thumbs: well tonight I did a little work on the exhaust and about finished it up and least the exhaust manifold and pipe anyways, I still have to finish the support bracket for the stack but its pretty solid If I yank on the vertical Pipe I can jerk the engine off the bench and on the floor with no flex on the pipe. I puddled in the weld and built it up with 316 Stainless Rod and the Y branch is now beefed up pretty good. In the pics before I had 5" clearence from the chrome oil tube to tip of the Muff exhaust. I am now 6 1/2" from side of the stack to chrome tube which this should be 2 5/8 from the edge of hood. Im jonesen to fire it up and see how it sounds but I have the Oil filter off the engine cause Im also in the middle of putting together the remote oil filter. Anyways Here is some pics.

Cheers ~Duke

:beer:

DSCN4364.jpg

DSCN4375.jpg

DSCN4366.jpg

DSCN4371.jpg

DSCN4376.jpg

DSCN4377.jpg

• Like 1

ce318

Duke, I first must compliment your welding. Nice job. Okay on to the area of my expertease,,, Ya. Okay the LED strobe. As we were discussing earlier looks great. I just got my four conrner strobes mounted and will place the powerpak this week. Now for a bit of warning to you, if your LEO buddies have not done so. The LED/Strobe will FREAK out the Meth Heads. So my suggestion is an over head double rak. One for the M4 and Rem870. The M4 is limited use. But the 870 can be used for avalanche control (that's what I would tell the cops) or just load it with 12ga flares. Also, did your video cam's photo grid survive the filming?? Seriously, great job. I always enjoy the vid's. Chris

ol550

Got to say that is some wild exhaust. Need to dyno it to make sure it's tuned in.

Then off to be chrome plated? :dunno: Mike

After the light show I MIGHT consider a light bar for the Snow Chucker jr.

HorseFixer

Thanks Chris :thumbs: had some pretty wide holes to fill, some of them I could throw a cat through :eek: And Mike :scratchead:DYnO sHmiNo

all I gotta do to tune this baby, is adjust the muffler belt! :lol: no Chroming but possibly could be a Chrome shield around the muff so it

dont look so RUFF! :ychain: anyways Quit screwin round on My Thread and get working on that snow chucker Jr maybe you autta dYnO

tHaT when yer finished. :dunno:

~Duke

CRE1992

Duke, I expect a video with the muffler removed and just the straight pipes. I've heard an onan with a short straight pipe, and it sounds like an open header small block Chevy :laughing-rofl: . And, then finally a video with the muffler one :ychain:.

-Charles

Wheel-N-It

Really enjoying the progress on this project while I am having my morning coffee. I like your shop too.

massey

Looks like a good solution for the exhaust, I always liked stacks. :handgestures-thumbup:

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys. :thumbs: Well last night cut up the Aluminum pieces for my strobe light bar to elevate it above the spot and flood lights. I use 1/4" Aluminum . for the side plates. I used 2 1/2" X 1 1/4" X 3/16 Square Tube Stock for the Beam I fitted the angle to fit the conture of the cab top slant. It will be fastened with SS hardware.to the top of the cab. Tonight I had to do pick up some Argon was getting low so I fired up MR.TIG and welded it together here she is! :thumbs2:

Cheers ~Duke

:beer:

DSCN4399.jpg

DSCN4384.jpg

DSCN4403.jpg

DSCN4390.jpg

DSCN4389.jpg

DSCN4387.jpg

DSCN4395.jpg

DSCN4396.jpg

DSCN4397.jpg

ol550

Who did you say did your welding? :ychain::ROTF::ROTF:

Hydro

I used to have faith in fact the 12 HP could drive a 2 stage snow chucker.... still do...but now...I think there is an underlying motive???... generate more electricity! We could see Nuclear in the next generation!!!!!!!!!!!! Great exhaust design Duke!

Shuboxlover

That pipe is DEAD SEXXXXXXXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HorseFixer

Who did you say did your welding? :ychain::ROTF::ROTF:

Thanks Guys! :thumbs: Should have a movie of it running by sunday, Hope it sounds good. And Mike.....Who Did the Welding??? The same guy who owns these, and this shop. :eusa-whistle: The same guy should get his Arse out there in garage and clean it up AGAIN so it looks like this! :banghead:

ACRASAW003.jpg

CleanGargage002.jpg

faster

Thats one nice looking shop and the tools also.

CRE1992

Mr Duke... The video links dont work..

AMC RULES

OK tower, we're in a holding pattern over here. :popcorn: Where's that video Duke :dunno:

massey

Man, what a difference. That sound awesome.

HorseFixer

Sorry Bro's I had To Go Back To RedSquare how to "POST A VIDEO SCHOOL!" :ychain:There Live Now! Go back to page 5.