HorseFixer

WH 520-H Refresh & Rebuild

JimD

SOIanimation.gif

Lookin Good! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Don1977

If you add any more equipment you will need to add a seat for a copilot to help with the controls. :ychain:

HorseFixer

Got most of the controls hooked up still have to hook up the wind shield washer but she is comming along. This video shows the amp draw of the accesories.

Cheers :beer: ~Duke

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Thats one high tech :wh: , you have there Duke! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

I got busy on the 520 Snow Chucker today and finished the windshield washer pump and tank. After finishing that I switched over to working on the font wheel weights that are around 75 lbs each and finishing them off with the Custom Wheel Hub Caps with Decals Made My Vinyl Guy. (Thanks Terry!!!) :handgestures-thumbupright: Then take a Ride in the 520-SC Snow Chucker with me. :auto-swerve:

Cheers ~Duke

DSCN5784.jpg

The Bottle of WW fluid was just barely warm after a 15 minute warm up

and tractor ride.

DSCN5783.jpg

DSCN5756.jpg

I went over the face of the weights with a belt sander and then

painted.

DSCN5762.jpg

DSCN5763.jpg

The 4x4 was about the correct height a 2X6 kept the weight upright.

DSCN5757.jpg

Used a SS Nut and Blue Locktite No room for a washer.

DSCN5759.jpg

DSCN5769.jpg

The Custom Decals made by Terry were applied over powder coated SS Disc's after complete

they were mounted to the Lead Weights by way of (4) #8 1" SS Screws with a washer. The red

grease was used to lubricate the screw to the washer as not to twist the decal. :thumbs:

DSCN5773.jpg

DSCN5775.jpg

DSCN5779.jpg

Take a Ride In The 520 Snow Chucker

• Like 2

MalMac

A person ability's are only limited by there imagination and ideas, you my friend are unlimited.

• Like 1

dclarke

Now that's a snow blower! Well done Duke. :bow-blue:

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

very nice duke! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

Ken B

Thanks for the ride Duke! Are you gonna be a nice guy and clear the sidewalks thru out the neighborhood like good ole boy Steveasaurus? You might have to stash a few cans of fuel along your route though, I know first hand how thirsty them 520's are! :ychain:

• Like 1

ol550

A person ability's are only limited by there imagination and ideas, you my friend are unlimited.

And wallet!!!

Thanks for the ride Duke. Do you have a GPS in there in case of white-out conditions?

• Like 2

bowtiebutler956

I'll be looking forward to the first video of 520 chucking snow! :text-datsphatyo:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Bro' Duke, you truely are an Inspiration!!! :bow-blue:

Thank you for the ride around the block today . I can hardly wait till we chunk some snow this Winter ! :woohoo:

• Like 1

cheesegrader

Duke,

That's a better ride than my car!

I can't wait to see you throw snow onto the roof of every house in the neighborhood.

I think I will get my shot long before you here in the UP!

Maybe this week.

If I can't get the wiring fixed on my snowchucker, will you come visit?

• Like 1

Operator

Very nice Duke! Even though I haven't been on here much lately I have been watching your project.

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Thanks Tim, I appreciate the vote of confidence :handgestures-thumbupright: but as Ole Clint once said "A mans got to know his limitations" :)

To Denny, Jake, Ken & Matt :text-thankyouyellow:

And wallet!!!

Thanks for the ride Duke. Do you have a GPS in there in case of white-out conditions?

Mike, 10-dash 4 on the wallet! I have decided to switch trades and become an Automobile Mechanic and open my own shop I hear thats where all the money is. Maybe then I can afford that GPS! :dance:

Bro' Duke, you truely are an Inspiration!!! :bow-blue:

Thank you for the ride around the block today . I can hardly wait till we chunk some snow this Winter ! :woohoo:

Thanks Bro Van, Your more than welcome! And thanks to you the, Chucker has a spare Onan engine! Not running yet but will once a couple other projects are complete, :thumbs:

Duke,

That's a better ride than my car!

I can't wait to see you throw snow onto the roof of every house in the neighborhood.

I think I will get my shot long before you here in the UP!

Maybe this week.

If I can't get the wiring fixed on my snowchucker, will you come visit?

Yep, I expect us to get blasted this year! If ya get it before me ship it down! :notworthy:

Thanks Randy, havent seen you around much wonder where you have been!

More tonight ~Duke

Herbl

Duke

Truly a great job on the WH520, the trip was fun to ride along with you.... I think your ready to finally get the 2 stage blower on that thing unless your planning to trapple the snow down (LOL). Just a questions and maybe others will know this answer already, you did a great job on the exhaust stack but will that require a lot of maintenance because of all the snow that will be blown on it (not directly but indirectly) and melting? Again great job and keep the video's comming...

Herb

HorseFixer

Thanks Herb. Well on the stack maintenance I dont think snow will last long on her at 700 deg :) But it may need painting every year as anual maintenance :dunno: I guess at the end of the season we will see. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Well tonight I got busy and gathered my lead for the rear wheel weights I will be casting. I had a 100 lb ingit I have been saving and a bucket of lead wheel weights a friend gave me from his garage so lets watch the movie and see how much I have total. :tools-wrench:

Ken B

Maybe I missed it? No heat in the 520 Dukester? After 10 minutes of plowing in my C-160 with the cab it gets pretty toasty.

Now, what I really wanna know is this, when the 520 is pimped out as far as it can possibly be pimped, whats next? :ychain:

• Like 1

roscoemi

If you turn the exhaust flapper 180, it might make the radio easier to hear! :ychain:

ol550

Wow Duke, watching lead melt is way more fun than watching paint dry. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

bowtiebutler956

Thats pretty cool Duke! I've never seen a steel bolt float on any kind of liquid before! :jaw: How hot does lead have to be to melt? Very creative, and inexpensive way of making wheel weights! :thumbs:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

How hot does lead have to be to melt? Very creative, and inexpensive way of making wheel weights! :thumbs:

Matt approx 621 Degrees. Aluminum Melts at about 1220 Degrees making an Aluminum Pot a perfect choice to melt Lead in, plus Aluminum Conducts heat well and cools fast in order to remove the lead when your finished melting. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Okay there were questions raised on heating the Snow Chucker, here is a video I made on how I will do it :tools-wrench: and also a movie On my new Stainless Steel Reuseable Rear Wheel Weight Molds. I will also discuss my future plans of the Ole C-120. :wh:

Heating The Snow Chucker

http://youtu.be/BHnxYTGelwU

New Stainless Steel Reuseable Wheel Weight Molds

http://youtu.be/38JZmddvXsE

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Very nice work Duke! :thumbs:

1maidenfan

WOOOOW, uh did i say WOOOOW!!!! Yes , Yes I did.

That is simply amazing... :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Oh and the hoola girl in the other snow chucker, NICE :handgestures-thumbupright: