HorseFixer

WH 520-H Refresh & Rebuild

AMC RULES

Humm, all sounds like good advise, thanks for sharing.

can whlvr

to some that would be too much cash,but on the other hand you cant buy a new onan for that kind of $,and i spent 650 on a 13 pull start honda,so a bigger one with electric start and charging system gotta be 1000 bucks and woulnt be original.i wish when my first wheelhorse engine blew it was rebuilable,but with a new auxillary inspection hole in the block that wasnt possible,so go for it and you wont be sorry,as you said it will out last all of us old dogs :dunno:

HorseFixer

Got my LED Lights And Made A Comparison light Video. Click On Link Below

And Tell Me What You Think.

:dunno:

bPQQRym71kE

Cheers ~Duke

:wh:

KyBlue

Looks like you turned the sun back on Duke!

AMC RULES

With six of 'em on your tractor, snow removal should be much easier this year. Just turn the lights on and melt the snow. :dunno::help: :wh:

smoreau

Wow Duke!! That is a great video of these led lights. I will Know when your using your snow chucker from the glow in the south west sky :wh: As for the onen :dunno: well your into it that far and the extra parts are not that much more for doing a complete rebuild, As for nurling the guides is only a band-aid for warn guides and has only a fraction of the life of installing new guides. You don't want to go through this again in a few years for taking a short cut now. Every one knows these onens run great when there in good working order, and like crap when there's something that not right. You spend too much time making every thing that you own look as nice as it is and working for years too come. You will make the right decision. I have a 91 520H that was a parts machine that I picked up last summer. It was missing the front axle(I already had that), rear tires(26x12x12 ags was the plan for it anyway), no engine, 3 gauges missing, and one seat spring missing. I have been piecing it together one piece at a time and not braking the bank. I need a rusty muff for a kohler 18 twin and some time to put it all together. I will have a thread later this winter.

HorseFixer

Thanks Scott :dunno: sounds like you have a project yerself. By the way you do good work I love the hitch! :help:

Ole Duke might hafta be a copy Cat! :wh:

~Duke

HorseFixer

Oh, I almost forgot got some new skins for the Snow :wh: Chucker Friday. A set of 23X9.00X12 Carlise for the Rear and

16X6.50X8 Firestone Tri Ribbed For the Fronts. :dunno:

DSCN4114.jpg

DSCN4115.jpg

massey

Love those tri ribs.

Thanks for the led comparison, I think I'm going to get some of the flat plate ones for the C-serics.

As for the engine, I would at the very least spend the extra on the guides and the oil pump (I always changed out the oil pump on anything I rebuilt if it had one). Cant wait to see it in action.

HorseFixer

Love those tri ribs.

Thanks for the led comparison, I think I'm going to get some of the flat plate ones for the C-serics.

As for the engine, I would at the very least spend the extra on the guides and the oil pump (I always changed out the oil pump on anything I rebuilt if it had one). Cant wait to see it in action.

Thanks Massey! :dunno: those are my second set from Miller Tire and will do it again if I put anything else in the snow. Yep LED's are the way to go and 10-dash 4 on the rebuild! Gotta go for the gusto.

Cheers ~Duke

CRE1992

Duke is this the look your going for? :wh:

IMG_0836.jpg

I'm already having second thoughts about selling my 520H :thanks: Its pending sale now.

On the plus side I look forward to seeing your progress of working on yours :help:

Goodluck :dunno:

-Charles

HorseFixer

Yeah that would work. :dunno:

Wheelbearing

Replace the electronic trigger while you have the flywheel off. I rebored .010 over and got the gasket kit. I can't remember how much I spent but it wasn't cheap. My rods where fine I had a little wear on the main bearings but ok. The valve guides were worn more than I wanted but I had to get it back together again. (I was in the middle of last years snow storms) One of the guides doesn't have a valve seal on it. This is done on purpose and this is where the blue acceleration smoke comes from. Unless you realy got a bucked up piston and rings. I put maybe 20 hours on mine this summer, runs strong slight tick. I may readjust the valve lifters again.

HorseFixer

Well I Have been picking up some Groceries for the Chucker and doing some Planning for Strobe Beacon And Controls For

Operation. :dunno: You have allready seen the Lighting that will be Installed. The Led Safety Strobe I will be useing is a Wheelen

Responder Led Mini Lightbar. This is the brightest LED Mini in its class and Is Permanent Mount and has 45 Light Patterns that

Are Selectable By pushing a momentary switch. I will be installing a Hard Windshield in this Unit and am Adding a Wiper that I

will retrofit on the Cab. I will be useing Momentary Rocker Switches For The 4 Axis Movements of the Chute and Am Adding

7 Additional Switches for the Lights, Strobe, and Wiper. These Accesory Switches will be Lighted. Here is a You Tube Demo Of

The Led Strobe, My Old Control Box on the Old Chucker and a drawing of the New Control Box. This New Control Box Front Will

Be a Red Vinyl Label Punched out for switch Locations The Switches themselfs Are Black, This Will Also have White Lettering

Labeling the Switches. There will be a Wheel Horse Decal at the top with Pin Striping around the Border.

Cheers ~Duke

:wh:

xKkGMxRKvQo

The Old Control Box

x028.jpg

The New Control Box

CHUCKERCONTROLS.jpg

Curmudgeon

Shazam!

118lfd

Duke I don't know if you bought all the switches and wire yet but this company is great. Really good stuff and cheeeeeep prices. Minimum order of 25 bucks but its easy to get to that. They have everything.

http://www.delcity.net/navi?action=home ... gEmail1111

smoreau

Well I Have been picking up some Groceries for the Chucker and doing some Planning for Strobe Beacon And Controls For

Operation. :dunno: You have allready seen the Lighting that will be Installed. The Led Safety Strobe I will be useing is a Wheelen

Responder Led Mini Lightbar. This is the brightest LED Mini in its class and Is Permanent Mount and has 45 Light Patterns that

Are Selectable By pushing a momentary switch. I will be installing a Hard Windshield in this Unit and am Adding a Wiper that I

will retrofit on the Cab. I will be useing Momentary Rocker Switches For The 4 Axis Movements of the Chute and Am Adding

7 Additional Switches for the Lights, Strobe, and Wiper. These Accesory Switches will be Lighted. Here is a You Tube Demo Of

The Led Strobe, My Old Control Box on the Old Chucker and a drawing of the New Control Box. This New Control Box Front Will

Be a Red Vinyl Label Punched out for switch Locations The Switches themselfs Are Black, This Will Also have White Lettering

Labeling the Switches. There will be a Wheel Horse Decal at the top with Pin Striping around the Border.

Cheers ~Duke

:help:

xKkGMxRKvQo

Are you trying to light the snow chucker up like my mini ambulance? You will have every one on your block thinking there is something going on at your place when the snow is flying!! I have installed several of these light bars on MDOT trucks and they are very nice!! very bright, and have more options in light configurations then you will ever use. best thing is they are small and compact, but offer 360 deg. of light with the power of a 5' light bar. Good choice on the light bar!! You may need to ad a GM single wire 65 amp alt. to the extra pully on the pto clutch! :wh: These new Led lights are GREAT with very little power draw! I am impressed Duke!!

HorseFixer

Recieved my new Cab Window the other Night. "Thanks Tim" I have found a stainless wiper motor and arm that will work on the glass window. The wiper drags pretty bad on the right stroke probably cause it has a cheap wiper blade. :wh: I will possibly be putting together a kit for sale for these Cabs in the future. See Movie Below. I also got my Engine Block back from the Motorshop and I show what was done on that also. :dunno:

Cheers ~Duke

:help:

UbqYxjO7o-g

dgoyette

Great thread and enjoying your videos Duke. I liked the steering repair videos very much.

AMC RULES

For your snow cat? :dunno: Don't you mean snow horse instead? :wh:

HorseFixer

For your snow cat? :dunno: Don't you mean snow horse instead? :thanks:

Snow Cat???? :thanks: The kind with fur? :help:

Anyways I put a new Blade on, works good, the END! :wh:

Iol79pax7f0

smoreau

I like the wiper set up. My mini :dunno: has two of those in it. I have run them for 4 hours at a time with out a problem. They were designed to replace manual wipers on old jeeps. They worked great for my application, and you should be happy with it. The blades are not the greatest, but I like how you swapped out a better blade. Keep it up Duke! Snow is coming soon :wh:

KyBlue

Steering changes look like they work good Duke!

Wiper does too, they used to run those style wipers on a few of our big trucks - they stunk on there too!

Curmudgeon

Recieved my new Cab Window the other Night. "Thanks Tim" I have found a stainless wiper motor and arm that will work on the glass window. The wiper drags pretty bad on the right stroke probably cause it has a cheap wiper blade. :bitch: I will possibly be putting together a kit for sale for these Cabs in the future. See Movie Below. I also got my Engine Block back from the Motorshop and I show what was done on that also. :thumbs2:

Cheers ~Duke

:beer:

UbqYxjO7o-g

I don't see any movie below. I would like to know more about those wipers, where to get them, etc.

Buckshot 1

Duke, Good looking stuff for your Horse. I bought a set of those tri-ribs from Miller, as they said Firestone, thinking they were made in the USA. Receivced them, made in Vietman. I d--- near set them back, but a buddy of mine said that was 40 plus years ago. So I kept them. I do like the fact that they are 4 plys and very heavy tires. Hand mounting was fun also.