Sign in to follow this  
Robbie C.

What is this???

Robbie C.

well i was out on a parts run this morning and happen to see this and just couldn't help myself i had to get pic's. now the question is what the heck is it :thumbs2: It has a kohler 20 HP K532s and hydro rear shaft driven. i looked it over good but couldn't find any tags or name. i will be making a trip back monday to see if maybe i can pick it up and get more info on it.IMG-20111008-00079.jpg

IMG-20111008-00081.jpg

IMG-20111008-00080.jpg

Rollerman

It is a Roof mower. (Roof manufacturing)

Should be a K482 18 HP, 60" cut with a 2 speed Eaton hydro rearend.

It will move along pretty good in hi range, but have to be carefull as the steering is kinda slow.

They made the model you have & a more delux version with a "Willy's" jeep type body on it...it was called the Roof Palimino.

I had one like you pictured a few years back, once I had my fun with it it went to Jim M here.

Jim_M

Darn thing is way too fast to mow with in high range. It must do close to 30 mph.

grnlark

That certainly is a Roof Palamino. They are rare as hell. I would grab that for sure! Always wanted one.

Jim_M

That's actually a Roof 60. The Palomino has the same chassis but a different body.

Rollerman

That certainly is a Roof Palamino. They are rare as hell. I would grab that for sure! Always wanted one.

That is a Roof 60...the more common commercial mower made by Roof.

The Palimino had the Jeep type body.

Both are out there & can be found...the Roof 60's tend to be worn out & beat up a bit from commercial work, Palimino's....most are in collectors hands now & only FS at the right price.

http://www.thefencepost.com/article/20110418/NEWS/110419918

Robbie C.

Wow :thumbs2: for the great info guys, the lot where i found this is well known for hauling things for scrap so maybe i can save it before that happens. What would be a good price on a machine like this in its condition? the engine seems complete and looked as if everything was there but the air cleaner :banghead:

Jim_M

It depends on how bad you want it. I personally would not go over $250.00 for it and would feel a lot better about it at $150.00.

darren

That thing looks awesome. Best of luck for Monday Robbie, hope you get it!

Robbie C.

well i stopped by today after work and was told they plain on restoring it :thumbs2: maybe next time