Sign in to follow this  
Pocketraisins

416-H Orphaned electrical wire

Pocketraisins

I ordered a new regulator for the 416-H since its overcharging at above half throttle. I am hoping that fixes the problem, BUT......

Whle going over the engine, I found a white wire with an angled female spade connector that does not connect to anything. I have looked at the schematics and cant make heads or tails of them.

This orphaned wire looks OEM for several reasons. First it is inside of the black wiring harness tube. Second, it is too good of a connection to just be something hacked on by previous owner(s). Thirdly, it is the correct length to plug in with the rest of the wiring around the area, i.e. the starter.

If nothing else, if not needed I would like to shrink wrap it to keep moisture out preventing a possible future problem. If it is somehow linked to my voltage regulation problem, so much the better if I can plug it in and fix it.

I think I have a link for my pic now. Let me try.

btn_geturs.gifbtn_viewall.gif

Michaelzz28

Have the same wire on my 416 and it goes to nowhere as well.

Hope this help you

DoctorHfuhruhurr
PA060005.jpg

kj4kicks

Same harness that was used on the 520. That white wire would connect to the engine temp sensor that installs where the engine shroud bolt is on your 416.

boovuc

Correct!

My 416-8 Speed has the same limp wire. The Onan-powered tractors used the same wire harness.