Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

Snowblower Fitment

Zeek

Anyone know if a snowblower from a 1969 B80 will fit a 1972 Raider 12?

nylyon

I haven't heard of a 1969 B80, I thought the ABCD's came out in '74. In any event if the B80 machine blower attaches with a tach-a-matic on the front it should fit the '72 Raider 12, since that *should* have the front tach-a-matic as well.

rmaynard

If the B-80 in question is the one I think you are looking at, it's a 74 or 75. The blower appears to be a newer 42ST01, which is a Tach-A-Matic accessory.

Zeek

The seller says the tractor is a 69.

Here are the pics of the tractor and blower:

Tractor2.jpg

Tractor1.jpg

Blower.jpg

rmaynard

B-80's began production in 1974.

CasualObserver

The seller says the tractor is a 69.

The "seller" is wrong. Bob is correct. Take a glance through the gallery at what 1969 tractors look like and see for yourself. ----> http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showforum=32

Oh, and you'll need one of these front hitch adapters to make a later snow thrower fit an earlier tractor.

2444614450_4fb2d7e97c.jpg

If you can't find one (they're kind of hard to come by) you can make your own like this. ---> http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2819

Zeek

Oh, and you'll need one of these front hitch adapters to make a later snow thrower fit an earlier tractor.

So are you saying that blower will not fit a 1972 Raider 12 without the adapter?

I was thinking about buying just the blower in the pictures to fit my Raider.

rmaynard

The problem here is that the owner thinks that he has 1969 stuff, and you have a 1972 Raider.

To solve this mystery, you need to get the model number of the blower to determine if it will fit your Raider, and then look and see if your Raider is equipped with tach-a-matic hitches.

If the blower was working on the B-80 without modification, then it is a tach-a-matic blower.

Zeek

Got ya Bob, thanks for explaining that :thumbs2:

mdntspec

not all blowers need the front attachment....my 68 Charger has a hole in the frame that a 3/8 rod and bushings on the blower uses to mount the unit. I modified it to also fit my 2000 314-8 by making a shaft to replace the bushing/rod assembly...when you remove the bushings, the hole is the proper size for a shaft to use the front attachment point.