Sign in to follow this  
jachady

Bad Day for the tractor

rwilson

I agree on the trailer. I'm going to get one at Tractor Supply this spring. Just have to decide whatsize to get. :eusa-think:

rustynut

glad your ok

wheelhorse656

My grandpa has a 8x10 trailer really heavy duty its not a tandom either but it can hold around 2400 pounds. needless to say he can hual his farmall cub around with no problem.

Ill have to get you the name brand. Its not built with 90% angle iron either its mostly square hollow tubing. and it has a drop down gate. I think he only payed $900 for it used but it was only a year old. it also has 15'' tires on it the same size as his truck. we have had 2350 pounds of gravle on it with no problem. its a really nice trailer ill get some pictures and the name brad tonight.

~Jordan~

jachady

The hood is finally fixed, I had the front tires foam filled (adding 44 lbs) and I put 20 lbs of lead in a modified mule drive box I made. This should keep the nose down when loading into the truck. I'm ready to start tilling for the spring. By the way, big time kudos to Vinylguy for the decals. They look awesome. I'll get some better (in focus) pics once the weather gets a little nicer.

IMAG0436.jpg

IMAG0435.jpg

• Like 2

bowtiebutler956

That Wheel Horse looks sharp, I really like the black and silver! :text-datsphatyo: Terry's stuff is always the best, he sure is a big help to us Horse lovers. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

specialwheelhorse

Fast idle and walk on works for me on truck or trailer.

This DA had a mid engine suburban come back over on him

going up on a dovetail, only about a foot up but this DO_DO

Im talking about me just relaxed for a minute and leaned back

a little on the back-rest and it came back so EEzeee.

Somebodypulled it off and had to push the kill button on the

point cover. Little K-91 wouldn't quit. Didn't hurt me or tractor

and I'm glad this one came out OK as well.

ericj

i always back the tractor on the truck to keep it from coming back on me, then i can pull of when unloading. I've had lot of close calls, although one is to many. I've gotten the back 2 tires on the truck or trailer and had the ramp kick out leaving me stranded. I rode my new to me 90 520-H down of the back of my truck when the left ramp kicked out and couldn't get help soon enough. had to adj toe a little to bring tires back into alignment. definitely would like to get a trailer

eric

tgranthamfd

Looks nice, did you repaint most of it or just what you had to, and put the decals on it? Either way it is a very sharp looking tractor, even before the accident.

massey

That looks good with the black and silver. :handgestures-thumbupright:

6wheeler

After catching my brothers 214 when it came off the ramps (luckily he shut off the key when he jumped). He bought a 1500lb cap. trailer at Menards. I got burned pretty good from it when I caught it and eased it to the ground . No damage to the tractor. And there were two of us brain surgeons trying to load it. TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!! It is safer all around. I made a weight bracket for the front of the C- 120 and found a set of simplicity suitcase weights at an auction for $50. The only problem I had was I broke a spindle when I had 3 weights, 150# total on it. So, I only left a 50 pounder on it and it still kept the front end ont the ground whem MB plowing. The trailer works very good and decks clear the top of the ramp well more than good enough for your 125 and tiller. It was $750.00, very good investment since we use the s%^t out of it. Good Luck to ya Pat

Wheel-N-It

Glad your ok and the tractor is not too badly damaged!

One word...TRAILER!

For the money and effort we put into these things, they are worth it!

AGREED!!!

Not trying to hurt anybodys feeling here at all but please;

You can buy trailers all day here on craigslist for 300-500 bucks. Thats a heck of alot less than paying to have your broken leg fixed. I don't want to read of someone here getting killed while loading their WH on a truck because they did not want to spend a few hundred dollars on a trailer. I am nowhere near what you call rich, but over the years I have aquired three trailers to load and haul things safely. I want to live to see tomorrow, plus I have to go to work the next day. Think about it guys!

AMC RULES

IMAG0436.jpg

IMAG0435.jpg

I gotta say, click on John's picts to make 'em full screen. That's one good lookin' tractor, really great paint scheme. :thumbs:

Rooster

I don't even like those Tractors...But I must say This one looks great!

Paul D.

How do you go about getting your tires "foam filled"?

jachady

I went through Pomps Tires. It cost me $45 to have both front tires filled. They say foam but it is actually a firm poly rubber with about the same bounce as air. The only bad thing is the rims are basically junk once the tires wear out because the stuff bonds to the rims and it's too much work to get them off. But my tractors used in the grass and dirt so I put brand new tires on it, shouldn't have to worry about them wearing out.

WH-PWR

Glad you were not hurt. I'm also glad the tractor didn't sustain any major damage. I know loading a tractor even a small one like a Wheel Horse can have its challenges. I always try to back up the ramps, and drive forward down the ramps. Backing up the ramps will prevent flipping over backwards. It keeps the center of gravity in the right place.

• Like 1

Paul D.

Well, after reading this and knowing I am trailering my tractor and rototiller this weekend. I dropped off my front tires at the local shop to have them filled with beet juice. Should be able to add between 40-50 lbs. to the front end, and a lot of peace of mind for me.