Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Rubber snow chains

Butch

As you can see I'm ready for snow. Maybe now we won't get any. Driving the tractor over to the driveway made my teeth rattle. Very rough ride with those

chains which do look well made.

Now what is the secret of making the plow turn left and right without getting off the

tractor and using my foot? I have to squeeze the handle and stretch my leg out to move it. The handle releases the mechanism for it to turn but I can't get the plow to move using the handle.

Plowpics001.jpg

mcwh1950

Butch Look like you have the wrong handle on the blade.

JimD

Butch, sometime the heavy wire linkage hooks get stretched a bit and need to be shortened back up to pull the pin back far enough to fully release the pin. Or you may have to take the blade of and clean and grease the pin and the area where the blade swivels. I have never had mine apart as it was always garage kept even before I got it in 1981. I'm sure you'll get her fixed up in no time.

Jim

mr.pipes

Is the steel rod there that attaches to the handle and the plow? :thumbs2:

Butch

Smitty it's the only handle I have. I bought bthe plow about 7 years ago on Ebay. I guess they could somehow have sent the wrong handle. There is a notch in the right floorboard that looks like the handle would go in there when pulling the handle all the way back. My handle is about 1/2" away from that notch. It hits the floorboard. I can't try turning it around because the handle for the linkage that attaches to it won't go on. That hole is not centered in the handle allowing ithe linkage lever to only attach on the far side. Turning the handle around then the linkage lever won't bolt up.

I do have the linkage that goes from the handle to the plow.

I'll have to play with it.

Do the handles on these plows come back and go into the floorboard notch on the right side?

JimD

Butch here's few pics of the plow handle on my C85. In the first pic you'll see the bend in the handle that goes toward the frame of the tractor.

C85throttlecablebracket064.jpg

In the next pic you see how it goes into the notch on the floorboard.

C85throttlecablebracket065.jpg

The last pic shows the lever on the handle that releases the pin in the plow to enable angling. Mine appears to be centered in the width of the handle arm. Hope this helps.

C85throttlecablebracket066.jpg

Jim

mcwh1950

Butch no the handle should not hit the floorboard. Yes you are right about the plow coming back and going into the notch. This is promblem the handle you need.

20111001165321-1.jpg

20111001165335.jpg

20111001165353.jpg

Butch

Thanks for the photos guys. Your handles are different than mine. your bends are ll at once. Mine is a gradual taper. I'm gonna have to take it off and bend it some more. Thanks.