Sign in to follow this  
doynger69

Tecumseh / Larson Engine Model H55D

doynger69

Good day all. I have a 1961 Wheel Horse 551 Suburban with a Tecumseh/Larson Engine. Model No. H55D-2113 Ser. No. 0306279 5.5 Hp. The engine runs good but my carb. is leaking. Does anyone no of a rebuild kit number for that carb. Or if I can use a rebuild kit from another Hp. Carb/Engine? I checked with my local Tecumseh dealer and they can't come up with anything. Maybe a Wheel Horse part only? Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Eric In western Pa.

• Like 1

Hammerhead

Hello Eric and welcome to Redsquare! The H55 Engines are perhaps one of the rarest engines WH ever used. There isn't very many of them around. One sold on Ebay this year for $355.00!!! I don't know of any carb kits but I usually take them apart and clean them with carb cleaner and blow out the holes with an air compressor. Then I make a new gasket and put it all back together and hope for the best. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But I did sell you half of a C125 WH awhile back!!! Glad to see you on Redsquare and Ebay too! Here's 2 of my 551's.

Keith Hammerhead Jones

100_9045-1.jpg100_1888.jpg

• Like 1

wallfish

:thumbs2:

The kit and float for an H60 carb should fit. The complete carb from an H60 will fit the H55 motor.

Try the kit for an H60 first, if it doesn't fit then find a carb from an H60 and use the kit on that. You could also buy a new carb for an H60.

Where is it leaking from?

If it's from the bowl then you need new gasket/s. If from the troat then the float is stuck open. Check the float for holes by shaking it, there shouldn't be any fuel insde of it.

• Like 1

wheelhorse656

I have the kits h60 tecumseh kits $7 shipped to your u.s. door step!!

Thanks,

Jordan

• Like 2

Michael

I need a carb kit how do I order from you thx

wallfish

Since this thread is 6 years old, doubt he will see this or still has them, BUT. you never know. Try sending him a PM.

Or, just order a whole brand new carb from ebay for less than $20. There are quite a few versions for those engines so look at them closely and order the one which closely matches your carb.