71_Bronco

Running Board Anti-Skid Material?

rustykan

I bought a large roll back in 2010, but I have very little left now. I sold a lot of it back in 2010 through 2012. Don't know if I can still get more, but if you need a couple of pieces, PM me and I will see what I have left.

Lowes had vinyl runner that looks just like yours. It might not be as thick, but for $2.40 I can do both. I'll let you know how it turns out.

kudzu3

About a month late, but I did exactly as you said with the diamond material and bed liner spray. It works well but has fleaked in a few small spots. I believe the spray rubber finish may be better than bed liner spray.

Geno

I have been researching this today.  I was looking for something very cost effective without using the harder to clean sandpaper type or having to spend time with glue.  Talked to Terry and several others as we are getting ready to restore quite a few tractors and attachments in the next few weeks, that should be fun.  What I ordered will do 30 tractors. 

I just bought 2 rolls of this - http://www.tapebrothers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PRO17-BK6

It will cost $2.54 per tractor delivered, both steps done and it is self stick and waterproof.  :)

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:

Works great on those slippery foot pegs too.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

post-3498-0-35918600-1414791547_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

I have found that boots in mud and wet soil will make almost any of these running boards meaningless on a tractor.   I did not get injured but -I am more aware!

• Like 1

aaubrey96

Reese towing products makes a rubber "step" pad for trailers and thats what I use.  I found it in the towing section at walmart.

Tankman

Classic Kitchens has very nice runnin' board foot mats.

I use skateboard coarse grip tape with the micron holes. 'Bout 5-10 bucks for one piece. One piece will cover both foot rests. Holds up great underfoot regardless of the weather.

Tankman

Classic Kitchens has very nice runnin' board foot mats.

I use skateboard coarse grip tape with the micron holes. 'Bout 5-10 bucks for one piece. One piece will cover both foot rests. Holds up great underfoot regardless of the weather.

• Like 1

Geno

The 2 rolls of tape I ordered came in today.  Thought some of you might want to see a better pic of it. I really like it, seems like it grips good and will be easy to clean.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

post-13404-0-00733900-1415221927_thumb.j

• Like 1

rustykan

Installed mine today while we had one last warm day. I like the look, just hope they hold up. Time will tell! Only paid about $2.50 for the vinyl runner from Lowes and around $5 for the adhesive. I still have enough to make another pair!

post-12646-0-75542100-1415234438_thumb.j

post-12646-0-52410200-1415234494_thumb.j

Edited by rustykan
  • Like 4

Ken B

I use the same type of mat that you just installed on yours on all of my tractors. It has the perfect factory look. It has been on one of my tractors for a few yrs. now that gets regular use and it has held up very well. I use 3M multi-purpose spray adhesive to apply them. No issues at all with them coming loose...

• Like 1

Hodge71

That stuff looks nothing like what was on my Dads 1973 12 Automatic and my 18 Automatic from the factory. He owned his since day 1 and mine had the same tape on it. Its got more of a pebble grain than a ridged look. Actually now that I think about it, my boys 1971 Charger 12 and my 1974 C-160 8 speed both have the same tape as well

Geno

From what I see in your profile you don't have any mid 80's or above models so you wouldn't have this material on yours originally.  They switched to that in the mid 80's till I'm not sure of the year later on before they went to the bigger block pattern.  :)

rustykan

Well, either way, I like the looks of the rubber mat over tape. I think it looks like you spent that little extra time on the project. Just one guys opinion!

• Like 2

callum12

as for non slip material, i'm planning on using some course mesh, it'll last for ever and even if it gets clogged with mud it should still be pretty grippy. as for attaching it, a few holes drilled and pop rivets. some people may not be too keen on drill holes in there horse's though!! 

Km3h, those mats look really neat! looks great. 

Callum

• Like 1

Tankman

Reese towing products makes a rubber "step" pad for trailers and thats what I use.  I found it in the towing section at walmart.

Walmart has a towing section? Geeze, what next?   :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

specialwheelhorse

Try your local Marina !!

jamesgasho89

Ive bee eaning to get mine replacedbefore it snows i am planing on using grated diamond steel

callum12

that's what i meant by 'corse mesh', didn't know the name!  i might do this soon, it'll be pretty hard wearing i think.

Callum

Zeek

Look at this 

I bought from the same place varosd did and it worked good.  Depends on the look you want.

wrightorchid

looks great.  now all I have to do is repaint the running boards.  too hot an humid these days.

Jim's Charger 12

This will sound a little weird but it worked back in the day. My Dad had a boat trailer and he put Oak walk way down it so he could walk down the trailer to hook rope to bow eye.
Anyway a friend was at our house one day and he said Dad should paint the boards with Rust- Olum paint and while it was still tacky sprinkle coarse sand on the paint for traction.
Dad did this and it worked perfect.. Thought this idea may fly for you guys just sayin.

doc724

If you like the sandpaper style, Koffler Sales has the material and really cheap.  $3 to do the C101 I completed this spring. (no yellow stripe in it like the kind from Home Depot).  Before I found these guys it cost me close to $20 (with shipping) to get material without the stripe