Sign in to follow this  
jimbotelho

c81 with snow blower

jimbotelho

guys, I was thinking about installing my single stage blower on my c81 I now have it all set up on my 417h with a cab has anyone tried this? is nthe 8hp enough?? thanks b :thumbs2: ig jim

Sparky

I think your asking to much from the 8hp Kohler. Even if it does the job your probably going to shorten its life considerably.

Mike.........

rmaynard

My neighbor has a rig like that. It's okay on level ground, but on an incline he has some problems. He is currently doing a complete rebuild of the unit, and installing a K321AS, :thumbs2:

jimbotelho

thats what I figured .Thanks sparky :thumbs2:

47JDG

Old thread and I am new here, but my dad has a John Deere 208 with the Kohler K181S and we run a 48 inch deck on it in the summer and a 36 inch snow thrower on it in the winter. Granted you have to go slower to compensate for the 8 horse, but it works fine and does the job. You just have to take your time and don't bite off more than you can chew. The C81 has great low range. I don't see why this would be an issue at all running the snow blower or a rototiller for that matter. Just go slow and easy.