Sign in to follow this  
oldredrider

Kohler engine color

oldredrider

What is the correct paint color for a C141 engine screen? I've seen both red and black. What about coil color? Thanks

T-Mo

The ones I've seen are black, including my '79 C-141 Automatic. Here's a picture of mine:

c141leftside2.jpg

Ignore the comment on the photo. :whistle:

The previous owner painted over everything on my C-141 so you can see some red overspray on the screen, but I'm sure it was black in it's original condition.

oldredrider

Thanks. I prefer the look of a black screen but I wanted to be sure to keep it "color correct". What about coil color?

Kelly

My C-141 is all red both coil and screen, so is my C-121, C-101, and the C-81 my guess is the screens that are black have been painted or worn off from stuff being pulled acrost it, and all my red engined Kohlers have red coils unless they have been changed.

T-Mo

Since Kelly has more experience and knowledge on this and since I trust his judgement, I decided to check my '78 and '79 brochures. Both show the screen color as red, so I would say from that and Kelly's observations, the screen should be red. Now I couldn't see a clear picture of the coil, so I would say if Kelly says red, I would go with red. :whistle:

HorseFixer

The ones I've seen are black, including my '79 C-141 Automatic. Here's a picture of mine:

Ignore the comment on the photo. B)

The previous owner painted over everything on my C-141 so you can see some red overspray on the screen, but I'm sure it was black in it's original condition.

Sorry Terry I can resist! B) Looks like yers has a case of termites! B)

Better call ORKIN! B):whistle:

Duke