Sign in to follow this  
easy Ed

310 classic no start

easy Ed

I have a 310 classic wheel horse mag . engine with low oil indicator. i have gone through the seat sw ,clutch sw, and the p.t.o. sw.. Fuses check out with meter.

All sw were checked with meter for function . I don't know how to check the low oil indicator Or the ignition sw when i run 12 volts to the center lug of solenoid the starter turns . and i can jump the solenoid and the tractor runs until i shut it off then won't start could some one tell me what to do next. please

E=14

]

easy Ed

Fellas I still need help I guess I'm not smart enough to read the elect dia. I have replaced the ignition sw and shorted out the clutch switch.I have no voltage indicated on the volt meter on the tractor when I turn the ign. sw to the run position. If i run a wire from pos. side of batt. to soleniod the engine will start.I have a low oil sensor on this model, and a relay . Could one of you experts please give me some direction. i'm realy at this point ready to give up,or replace each wire one by one. I believe this is a 310 classic 1987 or 88

CRE1992

Check and clean the electric grounds on the tractor. Also check the positive post on the solenoid where power comes from. I had a 414-8 that was not getting a connection there. Also to see if your solenoid is bad or not take a piece of 12 gauge or 14 gauge wire and hold one side on the positive, and touch the other to the signal post on the solenoid. If it kicks over solenoid is fine. Also check the fuses.

Good luck

-Charles

easy Ed

I have cleaned all grounds i could find. and the solenoid checks out fine. and a new ignition sw was installed.

rmaynard

What is the ID number? I am looking at a diagram from a 1989 310 and here is what I see.

If the oil level sensor is activated (low oil), that will activate the low oil relay (open contacts) causing NO power to be sent to the starter solenoid.

If you remove the connector from the oil sensor, the relay should release, closing the contacts and allowing power to the start solenoid.

If it doesn't, then it looks like the low oil relay may be bad.

333ae503.jpg

easy Ed

Thanks for the input turns out bad ignition sw and a intermittent fuse holder