Sign in to follow this  
Tim S.

Seriel number

Tim S.

Can anyone tell me what model tractor by the seriel number, it has an 8 hp kohler with ignition switch start. number is 51222 the hood is missing.

Thanks, Tim

MikesRJ

What spec number is on the engine placard?

Tim S.

Spec 28522E K 161s

boovuc

Hi Tim,

I think the K161 was a 7HP.

Check the Engine spec number again. See if it isn't 28622E.

This spec would make it a 1961 701 or a 1962 702. This engine could also have been transplanted into another machine, though.

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

MikesRJ

I am assuming you miss-typed the spec number here. You may want to check it. Also adding a photo of the tractor would help significantly.

If the engine reads K161S-28622E, then it is probably a 1961 701 tractor. Or at the very least the engine is from a 701.

Tim S.

Looked at this tractor in the back of a crowded shed there is no hood I had called the owner back to get the spec # he probably misread the 5 for a 6 he told me it was an 8 hp, until he read the engine tag. he also had a c-100 fairly good condition it runs but smokes a little he has a front blade and 2 snow throwers cant see the tags there buried in another shed. One looks in nice shape pulleys turn okay, the other is in fair shape no holes little rust,

Pulleys turn hard can't tell if something is rubbing somewhere or not so much junck in barns and sheds it's hard to crawl over everything. C-100 is in good shape with some surface rust mower deck is in fair shape a few holes it's kept in garage. Assuming the other tractor is a 701 with no hood pretty rusty from what I saw he said it ran a year ago is a 701 worth trying to save or part out he wants 450.00 thats an old 701, c-100 pretty good shape with 36" mower deck, to snow throwers (can't see the tags to buried) and a snow blade.

can whlvr

450 is a good price for 2 tractors and 4 implements,even if they are a little rough

gwest_ca

Spec 28522E K 161s

I think the K161S-28522E is correct for a 1961 model 701 as is the 51222 serial number on it's own decal. No compression release on this model so 2 starter/generator drive belts.

The 1962 tractor serial numbers start with 62-xxxxx on the shift pattern decal and the 702 engine may be K161S-28626E with compression release and a single starter/generator belt.

Possibly way back when the spec. numbers 28522E and 28626E got mixed up with the 28622E being the incorrect result.

Can anyone verify this?

Garry