Sign in to follow this  
family tradition

312-8

family tradition

17.5 hours till i go and get it. Can't wait till i put it next to my 1972 and take a picture of them both.old and newer.

Sparky

Lookin forward to the pics!

Mike.....

family tradition

Got it home it needs major work . need to fix the fuel leak ,paint it and new deacals and figure why the lights don't work and battery won't hold a charge. looks like about a thousand to restore both tractors. Atleast the 312-8 runs.

Iceman10

I've got a 312-8 and love it. I had a few issues I had to fix when I got it, but it is a very good reliable mower. You might check the fuse in the lighting circuit. I had a problem with the insulation being worn through in both the head light and tail light feeds thus causing the fuse to blow. This often happens when it has rubbed against a metal surface over a long period of time. I changed my front wheels and spindles out and replaced them with some off of a 416-8 which had larger front rims and tires. I like this look plus it rolls through rough terrain much easier. My steering was very sloppy and I replaced the steeing arm support on the frame and made a 1.5" by 6" by 1/4" thick metal plate drilled out to hold a 7/8" OD & 3/4" ID bronze bushing. This plate was bolted under the thin sheet metal of the upper dash to take care of the worn out sheet metal around the factory bushing. This took care of the slop in the steering. Good luck with the 312. :thumbs2:

Iceman10

Thought I would include a couple of pics of my 312-8 I bought this spring. It has replaced my old C-105 as my work tractor around the house. Nothing beautiful but runs good and is very dependable. Good luck, I really think you will like the 312!

Toro312-8Pic7-2-20112.jpg

Toro312-8Pic7-2-20111.jpg

jpmcleod

I have a 313-8 and use it all the time. It is very durable. You will enjoy it very much.

I do have a leak behind the brake pully and can't seem to find the right seal for it. I just park it over an oil pan and keep check on the rearend fluids.

Maybe someone knows the part number for the seal and lead me in the right direction.

Martin

17.5 hours till i go and get it. Can't wait till i put it next to my 1972 and take a picture of them both.old and newer.

:thumbs2:

Fletch

I purchased a 312-8 this past spring, its a great mower and I have had numerous offers but I won't part with it. I think you'll be very happy with it !

family tradition

i'm happy with it. have a few minor problems .but easy to fix. hopefully have my old one up and running by spring