Sign in to follow this  
family tradition

New Toy

family tradition

Can't wait till saturday in am . Getting my new toy . Its a 1986 312-8 . That will 2 wheel horses i own . Have a 1972 raider 8 the went on me last week . think i threw a rod in it. Its starts but makes a real bad noise in the motor. time for a rebuild over the winter. then gonna restore the 312-8.when i get the time .

rmaynard

Throw some picture on here when you get it. 312-8 is a nice machine. :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Congradulations! :banghead: Good luck with your project! :thumbs2:

~Duke

family tradition

my grand father had a 312-8 before he passed . and i love using it when i cut his grass. and gonna restore it in memory of him. The sheet metal and decals shows age big nothing alittle work can't help. i'm willing to take the time to do it. i will post pictures of my raider 8 also

family tradition

i'm stealing it for what i'm paying for it i think. 300.00 is what i'm paying for it

145Automatic

Congradulations on the 312-8. I've got 2 of them and they always seem to be my goto workers. I think you will enjoy your new horse.

family tradition

i know never had a problem with my grandfather's. does anybody think if i take the deck whether it will fit in the back of a s-10 with a 7.5 foot bed. might have a problem getting a trailer to haul it

Duff

If you take the deck off, then yes, it will fit in the bed of an S-10. With stock tires, I think the WOA of the tractor is right around 38", give or take an inch?

~Duff :thumbs2:

rexman72

Can't wait till saturday in am . Getting my new toy . Its a 1986 312-8 . That will 2 wheel horses i own . Have a 1972 raider 8 the went on me last week . think i threw a rod in it. Its starts but makes a real bad noise in the motor. time for a rebuild over the winter. then gonna restore the 312-8.when i get the time .

congrats on your new toy

wheelhorsenut69

:thumbs: you got it for how much i cant even find a engine for that :thumbs2: you guys and your good deals i wish i could find the deals like that up here in good old minnnnneeeeeesoooooooota don't ya know but unfortunately i think everyone here is a horse fan cause they really hold there value around here

:D if you bring a vise grip you can have that deck off in 1 minute flat they are hands down the easyist tractor ever made to work on good find :banghead: enjoy her :banghead:

family tradition

i will enjoy her . Even though the bill keeps going up for the repairs and parts. Found out the spindles are bad and need rims and tires.took the spindles and tires off my raider 8 and they fit perfect even though are 8" tires hopefully put the orignal size back on and spindles. rather have both tractors running and operational

MikesRJ

Waving.gif

This-Thread.gif

family tradition

trying to get a photobucket account so i can put pics up

family tradition
25835_1384640864846_1496732940_31030448_2061164_n.jpg

family tradition
8fPANl.jpg

family tradition

[25835_1384640864846_1496732940_31030448_2061164_n.jpgttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd437/chevycamaro86/BUJOrl.jpg

MikesRJ

Nice pair! :thumbs2: