Sign in to follow this  
dkopp

Which model?

dkopp

I got a description of a possible horse that has a twin engine and a chrome muffler. What models would that be?

littleredrider

I know my 520 had that....but I'm sure there is more....

Sparky

I think my 418-A had a chrome muffler.

Maybe its a 420-LSE :thumbs2: !!

Mike.......

HorseFixer

Well I will tell you this, My 417A had a chrome muffler on it when I got it, but most of the Chrome was burnt off. :banghead: Awhile back someone posted a picture of a 417A and the exhaust looked like new! :thumbs2: I ended up painting my exhaust. Someday I might run accross a good Muff. :banghead: As far as the other :thumbs: Tractors? :D dunno. In my Avatar you can see this tractor and it also had a Chrome Air Cleaner Housing.

:thumbs: ~Duke

dkopp

My father-in-law works for his nephew who owns a repair shop and he had one come in the other day. He didn't know the model but said it had a twin that one cylinder was not firing, that it was a bigger model, and it was a hydro and had some chrome on the muffler. :thumbs2:

jusjeepn

One cylinder wasn't firing or had no compression? If it was/is a compression problem, I'm 90% sure it would be a 520H and the rear cylinder has a valve seat problem. :thumbs2:

We really need more information or a picture.

dkopp

I don't have any additional info on this tractor as of yet. Just that a man brought it in to the shop where my father-in-law works and they did some troubleshooting on it and he left it for junk.

jimbotelho

I have a original 417h and it came with a chrome muffler//air cleaner if this helps you

Big jim

SAM58

POSSIBLE MODELS...

I ONCE TALKED TO A GUY IN THE CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA THAT SAID HE HAD A 520H WITH A 24HP ENGINE ?

CAME ORIGINAL FROM TORO.... MUST BE MISTAKEN.

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs2: :banghead::banghead: my 312A had one stock from the factory. with a stock chrome air cleaner.

jpmcleod

My newly acquired 418-A has a chrome muffler shield, chrome air cleaner and a 18HP Twin Kohler.

Hope that helps.

mavfreak

Someday I might run accross a good Muff.

:banghead: ~Duke

:thumbs2:

really hope you do Duke! Whats the wife think of that?

HorseFixer

Martin

was a little confused, so i got my wife to read this and set me straight.

mavfreak

HorseFixer

mavfreak

You put me to tears on that one!

dkopp

You guys are something else.

I did find out last night that the tractor is a 418-A, and although it has the non-working motor, it's free for the asking. I'll be heading up there this coming weekend and will try to get some pictures. My father-in-law said it had a nice deck and the paint was still good.

I'm assuming that this model had the Kohler twin on it and not an Onan.

Kelly

Try waxing your muff, there might be a shinny looking muff under the old one. :thumbs2:

Duff

You guys are something else.

I did find out last night that the tractor is a 418-A, and although it has the non-working motor, it's free for the asking. I'll be heading up there this coming weekend and will try to get some pictures. My father-in-law said it had a nice deck and the paint was still good.

I'm assuming that this model had the Kohler twin on it and not an Onan.

Wow! If it's free and otherwise in fairly decent condiiton, that leaves you a lot of room to rebuild or replace the engine! Nice grab, Dan!

Duff :thumbs2: :banghead:

dkopp

Duff,

I happened to be talking with the guy that owns the repair shop and he had two horses under tarps waiting to be worked on and this was several months ago. One was a Raider 12 I believe that was partly restored and needing a total rebuild of the deck and if I'm not mistaken this 418-A was the other one, and if it is, I looked good from what I seen. I've got a C-111 that was needing an engine and some serious TLC all around and just didn't have the time or the funds for that involved of a project. If I get this one (the 418-A) I'll be needing some engine advice and parts not doubt. The only thing is that I promised to get rid of the C-111 when I get the 418. A horse is better than no horse at all.

mavfreak

Try waxing your muff, there might be a shinny looking muff under the old one. :thumbs2:

One thing to think of is that no matter how good the outside of a muff looks if the insides don't work right they tend to stink. And I don't know of to many that like a stinky muff.

Just something to think of when checking out a new muff

Duff

I was going to dive into this topic, but thought better of it......

Duff :thumbs2: