Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

STORING YOUR HORSES-PICTURES OF YOUR STABLE

stevebo

I figured this would be a neat topic. Post up pictures of how/where you store your horses. I have another post showing how I stacked some of mine. Let's see what/how and where you store yours...

IMG_1568.jpg

Martin

i only have 3 at the moment....

and they take up residence in my 24 x 40 garage with some of the other yard stuff. if i need to get a vehicle in to work on etc. i just move them around a little. i like having the extra room and this is my getaway from the house, so no vehicles in here. i guess one day if im running out of tractor room i will think about doing a shelving storage for them, but at the moment, i dont want to 'store' them, because they all get used often and its nice to just jump on one and go.

CIMG1155.jpg

whfan74

Well I guess I can't say it is mine.............well maybe someday it will be, but this is where all of mine are stored. I don't have any recent pictures of the inside as things have been pretty hectic trying to get ready for the upcoming Meet and Greet. A lot of them are out of there now and in the garage so the necessary cleaning can be done.

This will give you somewhat of an idea of the shop area. Since these pictures have been taken we have added an old Pepsi machine, another lighted sign, some small shelves, Wheel Horse signs, Wheel Horse trinkets and collectibles. I guess you could say it is always a work in progress. Even though the shop is 30x45 and is strictly dedicated to the hobby, we could probably use some shelving for some of the tractors. :banghead: Nonetheless, we love it and spend a lot of family time out there! :thumbs2:

gettingready.jpg

and cleared out for last year's meet and greet....

MeetandGreet16-1.jpg

Some of the trinkets............

Briggs.jpg

11.jpg

wheelhorsebillboardclock.jpg

wheelhorseneonclock.jpg

wheelhorsebanner.jpg

And to think we had this much space just a short 2 years ago!!!!

tractorsinbarn.jpg

Sorry for all of the pictures but it truly has been a fun journey getting it to the point it is today. It still isn't perfect, but it works great for us.

stevebo

Scott,

You and dad have one heck of a stable there. Looking forward to more pics of your meet and greet. Make sure to get a group shot in front of that stable :thumbs2:

Martin

yes scott, really like the setup that you and your dad have. would like to add to mine and :thumbs2: it up a little.......got one banner to put up and will slowly change a few things and get it more tractor friendly.......also like dukes storage as well.

any pics for us duke?

Martin

i wont post the pics here, but if anybody is interested in my garage build.....

heres a thread on the garage journal back in 2008.

whfan74

Thanks guys.....I have mentioned it before, but I will say it again. I am really blessed and fortunate to have a place like this to work in year round. Dad never made a ton of money as I was growing up........they were just very, very smart with their money. I am very happy for him being able to have this shop as his retirement hobby. No A/C in the summer months but we do have a heater hanging from the ceiling for the winter months.

He is very proud of it and we never want to come across as we are bragging about it. We have had a few members bring tractors over and wrench on them in there. We are just having fun sharing in the hobby with everyone else.

shorts

super shops guys :thumbs2:

I have to agree, it's not about being rich or making a lot of money, you just need to be thrifty and set your priorities it also helps to have a good woman to help and support your dreams. :banghead:

Brrly1

Well my horse shelf was built several years back. It got tore down and put back up in the shed this spring. It hangs out in the back side of the shed. I had to cut it down about 6" to 8" so it would actually fit. It is right around 11' 6" across. It is sitting there with a 56 rj, early rj cart and a lawn sweeper, Wheel Horse of course. Here are a couple shots I took a few years ago. I will post some more shots of the shed when I can finally get out there. :thumbs2:

:banghead:

DSC02646-4.jpg

DSC02648-5.jpg

jusjeepn

This shot is 1/2 of the dirt floor section of my barn. It's 1/2 dirt, 1/2 concrete floor. The barn is 52'x90', which gives me 52'x45' of dry/cold storage and 52'x45' of dry, and unfortunately, COLD work space.

0912102138-1.jpg

This shot is shortly after I bought the place and had not moved yet;

0320102104.jpg

Concrete floor area

0320102106.jpg

Dirt floor area

0320102105.jpg

The only shot I have of my "winter" work area is in the background of this picture

0515102046.jpg

It is 22'x25' fully insulated and heated "garage". No storage in here just my winter retreat. I'll try and get some more current photo's of both.

stevebo

Pat,

If you ever get to a point where you need to "stack" your tractors then you really have problems !!!!!!!!! Very nice. I wish I had a storage barn like that !!

HorseFixer

I used to keep um in my Garage/Shop. :thumbs:

CleanGargage002.jpg

CleanGargage001.jpg

RoundHoods003.jpg

But that Messed up my Garage/Shop! :thumbs:And I couldn't get at all my tools

without ripping over a Tractor and the herd kept growing! :D

GARAGE021.jpg

GARAGE009.jpg

GARAGE003.jpg

So I formulated a plan and built on a Stable to my Garage that would store 15 Round Hoods :banghead:

6 under a platform 6 on top of platform, and 3 under storage shelf :banghead:

HorseStable262.jpg

HorseStable264.jpg

This gave me a place to not only store my herd but a place to display them. :thumbs2:

HorseStable266.jpg

HorseStable268.jpg

rydogg

I was out in the sheds trying to figure out how to build some shelving for my horses so I thought I would get a few before pictures so this is how I am currently storing my horses. The first 2 pictures are my 26X36 very messy and overcrowded shop. This is sitting on a 40x50 concrete slab so I get seepage when it rains so I am hoping to pour a new slab for this shed and move it and put up a 2 story shop that fits the slab better.

wheelhorse149.jpg

check out the little RJ hiding between the two beasts for protection :banghead:

wheelhorse148.jpg

The next 2 pictures are of my 30x45 pole shed I am going to be making a 5x18 storage shelf that will be about 7 feet tall with storage beneath it and 2 shelves so this should take care of some of the overcrowding and give me room for more horses.

wheelhorse151.jpg

wheelhorse152.jpg

This last picture is of some of the guys waiting for a parking spot. Not pictured is a couple c series parts tractors, a B80, Lawn Ranger, Toro Groundsmaster, 60's Toro, Snapper RER, the Charger 10 that is sitting in the one car attached garage and the 604 with grader blade that is at my friends place moving gravel.

wheelhorse150.jpg

I have got a lot of work to do before the snow flies :thumbs2:

Ken B

Nice stables guys. Duke I especially like yours, you are the man with the plan, that is what I call attention to detail!

sorekiwi

My shelf:

IMG_3098.jpg

I can get 3 little ones up top, and 2 underneath. The easiest way to get them up there is to put them in the pickup truck first, then onto the top shelf using the same loading ramps.

wh-jason

here is almost everything hidden away for winter. next year im gonna have to with the stacking method that seems to be cathing on.

5398a322.jpg