Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

Snowblower Question?

KB9LOR

I have a C-161a (Blackhood), I have a snowblower that fit perfectly on my GT-1642, but when I attach it to my C-161a, the tension pully wants to hit the front axle, I know the belt is too short that I used for my GT-1642, and I know they used a sweeper on the front years back, and on the axle I have 2 groove places on it, so it looks like it has rubbed before, but with the blower attached it is hitting waay too much, and I don't have the number for the blower either, all it has is the warning decals, any ideas?

KB9LOR

Here is the pic of my blower on the 161a, the pulley on the left wants to almost hit the front axle, and there is not enough room for the belt to clear the axle. any ideas? anyone?

0914011605.jpg

smoreau

That dose not look right. I think you have the pulleys in the wrong spot. I may be wrong but the v grove pulley goes on the top part of the belt and the flat one goes one the bottom one. I ran it the same thing last year and it had me :thumbs2: for a few min. then I switched it around and it was fine.

smoreau

Thats it Sparky! Good link! thank you!

KB9LOR

Dang!...I have got to slow down and start paying attention....now I see what the prob is, I thought for sure I had it right, because "I thought" I had pulled it off the GT the same way!....Duhhh...gee george, which way does it go.....lol Thanks guys,,,I was really sweating it!

varosd

I did the same thing, never having a snowthrower and since the PO had it hooked up wrong and it still ran fine(must be more room on his 308-8 in regards to the axle) he was nice enough to haul it over and hook it up to my B-80 WH. it ran fine but after seeing the WF forum pinned guide link...it looked different...so realized it was upside down! :thumbs2: