Sign in to follow this  
Junky Tractor

Wheelhorse 312-8 drive belt questions

Junky Tractor

Hi everyone,

Does anyone how what size drive belt a 312-8 takes? We think it's out of the 1970s, but aren't sure. We also aren't sure how to take it off, lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Junky Tractor

I understand the whole using a hammer, lol, thanks for the link.

The other thing I'm wondering is about the model and serial numbers, I've been told they're on or near the dash but we don't have them there. The only numbers I have are alongside the seat and say they are id numbers.

dgjks6

I just replaced the drive belt on my 312-8. If you need step by step instructions let me know.

As far as the numbers on the seat if you go to the toro web site you can take the number to get exactly what year you have. Each 312-8 has a different one.

Greg

Duff

I understand the whole using a hammer, lol, thanks for the link.

The other thing I'm wondering is about the model and serial numbers, I've been told they're on or near the dash but we don't have them there. The only numbers I have are alongside the seat and say they are id numbers.

First, :WRS:

Those numbers along side the seat are the ones you're looking for. One of them will look something like "2112K806" or some combination very close to it. This is your tractor's model number. When you go to the Toro parts viewer, under Model search be sure to enter a dash (-) between the second and third numbers. So 2112K806 becomes 21-12K806. This will give you the exact year of your tractor and will allow you to view parts drawings and parts lists specific to your machine.

As near as I can figure, WH didn't issue serial numbers as such, but TT and others in this forum will know much more about that than I - I'm still fairly new here myself!

Greg (dgjks6) and I are both travelling the restoration road with 312-8's, so we're fairly current on the questions you may come up with, and the other guys here are past masters at solving all manner of Wheel Horse challenges. Just ask!

Good luck!

Deerman :whistle: