Sign in to follow this  
ctippin

Ignition Switch Electro 12 model 1-7255

ctippin

I am unable to start my tractor with ignition switch to "start" unless I put ignition switch to "run" and then jump from battery + to the starter motor. Once tractor started then I disconnect the jumper.

I was wondering if that would show the ignition switch "start" contacts are no good and I need another switch.

I am wondering also does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model? Electro 12 model 1-7255

I also am not sure if this is a high current starter switch (may not have starting solenoid)?

If the culprite is the ignition switch I was wondering if anyone knows where to purchase, I don't want to pay $50 :thumbs2:? part no. 8362 I think

CasualObserver

Sorry, don't know about the switch. Also don't have the 1970 Electro manual, but here's the diagram out of the 1969 Electro manual.

1-72451969ChargerElectro.jpg

rmaynard

According to the wiring diagram, there is no solenoid, so the ignition switch is a direct contact, high amperage switch. If the contacts are burned, which they probably are, you will have the problem that you are experiencing. A new switch can be had at Mowpart.com for about $40.00 using their 10% off coupon.

tarheel 84

I purchased a new ignition switch at my local mower/small engine repair shop for $18.00. My WH is a 1979 C-81 with a Kohler 8hp. Shop around....

tarheel 84 :thumbs2:

can whlvr

as bob said if its a high amperage a switch from a machine with a coil will be different,so make sure you get the right one,

pfrederi

The high amperage switch you need will be expensive. If originality is not necessary pick up a solenoid at TSC Lowes etc $12+/- and a regular magneto ignition switch. Some wire and connectors and you will be ok.