Sign in to follow this  
hotrodchev

1970 Electro 12 Automatic

hotrodchev

Last Wednesday I spotted an ad on Craigslist for a garage sale that mentioned a Wheel Horse snowblower attachment for $100. I was hopeful that it was from an older tractor and would fit my 1968 Raider 12, so with directions in hand, I drove over to the listed address knowing that the sale didn't actually start until Thursday. I think the sellers were a bit suprised to see me when I pulled up their driveway, but nonetheless they were happy to show me the snowblower. As I looked it over it appeared to be the right vintage, so I wasted no time in getting my money out and said consider it sold. Just then the seller says to me the tractor is free if you want that too. So I walked around to the back yard to find a 1970 Electro 12 Automatic sitting in the weeds. The tractor obviously spent some time outdoors, but for the most part it was complete and had the original 12-HP Kohler engine, wheel weights, front hubcaps and Hydro-Lift. So needless to say, I came home with a snowblower attachment and a tractor on the back of my trailer. I've been trying to find more information about this tractor and the Hydro-Lift accessory, but haven't had much success. Are there any other '70 Electro 12 owners here or anyone familiar with the hydro-lift accessory? Thanks, Hotrodchev

Attached Image

post-3-1213491374.jpg

TT

Great find! :whistle:

The hydraulic lift came standard on the Electro models. (as did the electric PTO clutch - hence the name ELECTRO)

It's nothing more than a dual action hydraulic cylinder and matching bellcrank assembly mounted in place of the manual lift pieces and controlled by a single spool valve fed from the charge pump of the hydro unit.

nylyon

:whistle: Now that's a heck of a deal! The Electro looks to be pretty nice. The hydraulic lift runs off of the hydro charge pump which also drives the rear axle. It's a pretty reliable setup and will lift the snow blower, mower deck, tiller or any other attachment with just the flick of the lever. If you equip the Electro with a plow, you can even put down pressure on the blade.

Looks like you made out pretty well!

kj4kicks

:whistle:

That was a great find !! Congrats !

Kelly

:WRS: I think the tractor is worth more than the snow blower, with the factory hubcaps and wheel weights, and it dosen't look to be in bad shape overall.

I think you got a great deal. :whistle:

hotrodchev

Thanks to all, I appreciate the information!

Update: I did a bit of tinkering and cleaned the carb and fuel lines late last night and got the old Kohler to run, seems to run pretty good too. Only problem, no power from the ignition switch and had to jump it at the starter. I'll have to trace the wires and check the starter solenoid next. At first, I was kind of viewing this tractor as a parts donor, but now with the engine running, I'm thinking restoration.

Regards,

Hotrodchev

KyBlue

What a Find!!! Those are the kinda deals we all love to find

HorseFixer

WoW :D Great find! I allways like those two for ones :dunno: They dont come along that often and when find um, ya gotta have the cash in hand, right then and there at that exact moment. :WRS: I cant tell you the times that I went home to think about it overnight, or was just feelin too tight and went back the next day only to find it Sold :whistle:

Again great find ya done well! :D

Duke