Sign in to follow this  
Anglo Traction

More Dorset Steam Fair Pics

Anglo Traction

Here are a few pics of the scenery, various makes and vintages etc + can any of you guys I.D. the Half Track ? (show-goers excluded)..... Hope you enjoy them.

I had to include the guy with the Classic South & West Country Headgear (centre)-

DSC00613.jpg

This shows the Arena for 'Working Garden and Light Tractor' equipment-

DSC00619.jpg

A considerable variety of models and Makes. This was just one corner of the Arena.

It also gives you an idea of the size of the show site-

DSC00614.jpg

Roly (Lowflyer) was taken with this 'Bristol'... brought back some fond memories.

I think the Old Boy on the 'Gunsmith' in the Background was on some kind of Marathon.

DSCN6852.jpg

A Working Toraktor , gives you an idea of it's size. Neil has one.

DSCN6851-1.jpg

This 1961 'Uni-Horse' was a favourite of mine. It's just perfect, colour, build strength and a Crank Start BSA Engine-

DSCN6839.jpg

We spotted this :thumbs2: in the Static Display Area on a Club Stand-

DSCN6857.jpg

And finally. It was difficult to get a decent position and view of this one. They were in the process of starting this up!... Anyone identify this American 'Half Track' Tractor?, or shall I give you a few clues?.

DSC00621.jpg

• Like 2

312Hydro

Those are some very nice pics! That event must have been HUGE. I like the tracked vehicles, especially the "Bristol?" . It looks like the front could dig in if it hit a gulley. The tracks remind me of those WWI tanks. Thanks for posting these!

Lowflyer

Hi Rich, yes you are right. We owned an identical Bristol about 45 years ago and my father built a vertical bracket under the nose of the Bristol with a perfectly round log and a spindle through it, this was able to swivel and this stopped the nose dropping.

It was a superb tractor to drive and had good pulling power. I used to drive it around at the age of 10.

As Richard said it did indeed bring back happy memories.

It certainly is a great show to attend, especially this year as the weather stayed good.

meadowfield

I'm adding this to my diary for next year !!!!

see you there...

312Hydro

And finally. It was difficult to get a decent position and view of this one. They were in the process of starting this up!... Anyone identify this American 'Half Track' Tractor?, or shall I give you a few clues?.

DSC00621.jpg

Is that a Bates Steel Mule Model D?

Anglo Traction

Spot on Rich :thumbs2: Model D 15-22 built in 1919/20 Joliet Illinois just after merging with the Bates Co of Lansing Michigan. It's an all original 4 cylinder Petrol/ Parrafin. It's been over here since new.

Well done.

312Hydro

Spot on Rich :thumbs2: Model D 15-22 built in 1919/20 Joliet Illinois just after merging with the Bates Co of Lansing Michigan. It's an all original 4 cylinder Petrol/ Parrafin. It's been over here since new.

Well done.

Thanks! The clue for me was "American Half Track Tractor". I spent about an hour on Google looking at different ones. I thought it was a Bates model D based on the photos I found but the exhaust pointing down threw me off. In the end I based it on the track and front iron rim similarity. Thanks again for the "Brain Teaser', I learned something interesting in the process!