Sign in to follow this  
JimD

Questions to ponder...

Duff

BTW, Kaukonen and Casady would certainly be referred to as "fish boys". You could even throw in Piazza, Falzarano and Aronoff just for good measure.

Bravo, my good man! Apparently several of us have good taste in classic rock music! :banghead:

Duff :thumbs2: :banghead:

MikesRJ

Duff is certainly correct! On both counts. :thumbs2:

The history lesson (I am a "history guy") is that the thirteen stripes of the US flag represent the original 13 colonies which entered into the union by ratification of the Constitution. If you consider their entry into the union as representative of the 13 stripes on the flag, then it fits that each stripe on the flag represents its coincident state.

In order of admittance:

Delaware (Red Stripe)

Delaware, one of the thirteen colonies, gained its distinction as the "First State" when it was the first to ratify the Constitution on December 7, 1787.

Pennsylvania (White Stripe)

In September 1787, the US Constitution was signed in Philadelphia and on December 12, 1787, Pennsylvania, one of the thirteen colonies, became the second state.

New Jersey (Red Stripe)

New Jersey, one of the thirteen colonies, became the third state on December 18, 1787.

Georgia (White Stripe)

Georgia, one of the thirteen colonies, ratified the US Constitution on January 2, 1788, becoming the fourth state to do so; it joined the Confederacy on January 19, 1861, and re-entered the Union after the Civil War.

Connecticut (Red Stripe)

Connecticut, one of the thirteen colonies, became the fifth state on January 9, 1788.

Massachusetts (White Stripe)

Originally part of the thirteen colonies, Massachusetts became a state on February 6, 1788

Maryland (Red Stripe)

Maryland became the seventh state on April 28, 1788. During the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln placed Maryland under military control.

South Carolina (White Stripe)

South Carolina, one of the thirteen colonies, became the eighth state on May 23, 1788. On December 20, 1860, South Carolina became the first state to secede form the Union. It re- entered after the Civil War.

New Hampshire (Red Stripe)

In a sense, New Hampshire, originally one of the thirteen colonies, "created" the new nation by becoming the ninth state on June 21, 1788, meeting the requirement for nine states to ratify the Constitution.

Virginia (White Stripe)

Virginia one of the thirteen colonies, became the 10th state on June 25, 1788. Richmond became the capital of the Confederacy on May 29, 1861, but re-entered the Union after the war.

New York (Red Stripe)

On July 26, 1788, New York , one of the thirteen colonies, became the 11th state.

North Carolina (White Stripe)

North Carolina, one of the thirteen colonies, became the 12th state on November 21, 1789. North Carolina troops suffered the greatest losses of all the states during the Civil War while fighting for the Confederacy, re-entered the Union after the fighting ceased.

Rhode Island (Red Stripe)

Rhode Island was the last of the thirteen colonies to join the Union on May 29, 1790.

End history lesson for today.

tunahead72

Apparently several of us have good taste in classic rock music! :banghead:

Good to know, but I don't believe we called it "classic" 40 or so years ago. :D

Course, they weren't called "classic" Wheel Horses back then, either. :banghead:

40 years!?! :thumbs2:

tunahead72

End history lesson for today.

Thank you, Professor, that's about as long a history lesson as my brain wants to handle these days, well done!

Some of this actually came back to me as I was reading it, maybe I was just paying more attention this time around. :thumbs2:

farmer

Ponder this, now that Duke is about to upgrade his ULTIMATE SNOW CHUCKER... what will he call his improved version? :banghead: :thumbs2:

JimD

Well, considering that he'll probably proclaim it the "Mother of all Chuckers", umm, you get the idea. :thumbs2:

farmer

I like it Jim,

a special hood decal..."Dukes Motha Chucka" :thumbs2:

• Like 1

DavidD

:banghead: :thumbs2: That's crazy, Really good stuff.

JimD

If a person has ADD and Alzheimer's, can they focus long enough to not remember? :scratchead:

stevasaurus

Do you really feel like answering a question that is SHOUTED???!!! :)

JimD

WHAAAAAAAAATTT??? :ROTF:

stevasaurus

Did you hear about the agnostic that was dyslexic and had insomnia???...

He stayed up all night wondering if there really was a DOG. :)

JimD

I met that guy one night when I had a random thought about, random thoughts. :popcorn:

nylyon

If Olive oil is made from Olives

Vegetable oil from Vegetables

What is Baby Oil made from?

• Like 1

squonk

Why is there air?????

Rooster

Who took my lighter?

Mykol610

Here's a few....

If you are asked to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and your the main witness, what if you say "no"?

Why doesn't McDonald's sell hotdogs?

At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?

What's the difference between normal ketchup and fancy ketchup?

If a transvesite goes missing, would youu put their face on a carton of Half and Half?

If ghosts can walk through walls and glide down stairs, why don't they fall through the floor?

Is it legal to travel down a road in reverse, as long as your following the direction of the traffic?

How can something be "new" and "improved"? if it's new, what was it improving on?

Do siamese twins pay for one ticket or two tickets when they go to movies and concerts?

Do prison buses have emergency exits?

When lightning strikes the ocean why don't all the fish die?

Do the minutes on the movie boxes include the previews, credits, and special features, or just the movie itself?

What is the stage of a reptile when it has eggs in it but they haven't been laid. Are they pregnant?

How come lemon washing up liquid contains real lemons, but lemon juice contains artificial flavorings.

Do you wake up or open your eyes first?

Did Noah have woodpeckers on the ark? If he did, where did he keep them?

How do you handcuff a one-armed man?

Why are all of the Harry Potter spells in Latin if they're English?

OK, That's enough for now. Enough to keep your minds going...

MikesRJ

Well there you go!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

JimD

Wouldn't it suck being on the internet if your name was Lol? :confusion-confused:

neil

when you buy something that has a lifetime garauntee , how long is that lifeftime

I bought a part for my heating boiler & it only lasted a month when i took the part back to the supplier and told him that it had a lifetime garauntee , his reply was " Well that must have been its lifetime "

Coadster32

when you buy something that has a lifetime garauntee , how long is that lifeftime

I bought a part for my heating boiler & it only lasted a month when i took the part back to the supplier and told him that it had a lifetime garauntee , his reply was " Well that must have been its lifetime "

I once had a house roof gutter salesman at my door telling me his gutters had a double lifetime warrentee. (This really did happen) I was "in a mood" at the time, and really let this guy have it. My nephew was laughing his butt off behind me, and my wife was trying to hide under the carpet. Prob. about 6 years ago, and we still laugh about it even today.

Mykol610

I will say the Craftsman tool lifetime warranty is good for life. I broke a 3/4 socket a few months ago that my grandfather bought (I don't know when but a long time ago) and it was replaced no questions asked. No need for a receipt or anything. I'll definately stick with Craftsman hand tools after that.