Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

Horse Rescue 1968 Raider 12

stevasaurus

Saved this horse, 48" mower deck and a 36"/42" plow from the scrap yard today. The tractor is nice a straight...original owner...broken rod in the 12 hs Kohler...deck has some holes and has been repaired...plow is excellent. I did not measure the plow yet, but it just seems narrow to me, that's why I say 36" maybe.

2010_0907RAIDER120001.jpg

2010_0907RAIDER120002.jpg

2010_0907RAIDER120003.jpg

2010_0907RAIDER120004.jpg

2010_0907RAIDER120005.jpg

2010_0907RAIDER120006.jpg

I seem to be into saving horses lately, since I posted this picture. :thumbs2:

imageshorse-20carrying-1.jpg

AMC RULES

Something about that last image is very disturbing. :thumbs2:

dclarke

Nice save Steve, you gonna fix it?

squonk

I ran my tape measure across your plow picture and I come up with 42". I got a plow last year and thought the same thing. Sure looked narrow but it measured 42"

squonk

With the crappy weather,I decided to paint my plows. Here's a pic or 2. You can run your tape across them and compare. Don't use the metric side! :thumbs2:

Image0081.jpg

Image0078.jpg

whfan74

Great save Steve! :thumbs2:

Looks as though you picked up a real nice 42" plow. Going to have that one up and running for the meet and greet? :banghead:

woodchuckfarmer

Steve , nice save . Keep it up and you will need to bulid a stable...lol

stevasaurus

Sqounk (Mike)...you can paint my plows any time. :thumbs2:

Ya...I'm thinking it is a 42" know tomorrow. Need to check some things out...may make the M&G. :banghead:

rmaynard

Nice save Steve. :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

Steve , nice save . Keep it up and you will need to bulid a stable...lol

Hey Wayne...nice to hear from you...and excellent talking to you and Rich at the show. :thumbs2:

earlleecliffton

:thumbs2:

JimD

Nice save Steve. That would make a nice addition to your group, and you did say you wanted to rebuild an engine. :thumbs2:

Gene_S

Good score Steve... :thumbs2:

What does the dealer tag under the dash say??? :banghead:

can whlvr

nice haul,for the life of me i cant figure out why people would scrap a garden garden tractor,ya i know that its probally been sitting around for years and they figure a few bucks is better than nothing,or they dont want to deal with tire kickers to sell it but its a shame to think how many dont get saved

stevasaurus

Here is a shot of that sticker...West Chicago is about 10 miles south of me. :banghead: Do you believe this sticker is about 43 years old. :thumbs2:

2010_0919RAIDER120002.jpg

HorseFixer

Glad ya brough this to the Top Steve cause I missed it! :D Nice machine. :banghead: But Ya know Ive been doin some thinkin.... :thumbs2: I think Yer abought ready for a Hydro Maroon Stripe Tractor. :banghead:

stevasaurus

Glad ya brough this to the Top Steve cause I missed it! :thumbs: Nice machine. :banghead: But Ya know Ive been doin some thinkin.... :thumbs2: I think Yer abought ready for a Hydro Maroon Stripe Tractor. :banghead:

Hey Bob, glad you saw this...but I got to tell ya...I really am trying to stay away from hydros. No particular reason, I think I am just still trying to learn the stuff I got. :D

rmaynard

...ready for a Hydro Maroon Stripe Tractor.

There aren't any of those to be had down here. You guy's must have them all up nort, aye?

The closest thing with a maroon stripe that's been offered to me is a 208-5 :banghead: No deal. :thumbs2:

Yeah Steve, I think you'd look nice sitting atop a nice 417-A. What'a ya think Duke? You want to trade him yours even up for the Raider?

Horse'n Around

Wow, great save Steve. Sometimes I just cant figure out what people are thinking when they take stuff to the scrap yard, I dunno, maybe that's why Ive always tended to be a bit of a packrat :banghead: Im sure goad that you saved it and brought it home. I know it will have a good second life now with you :thumbs2:

John

joebob

Glad ya brough this to the Top Steve cause I missed it! :thumbs: Nice machine. :banghead: But Ya know Ive been doin some thinkin.... :thumbs2: I think Yer abought ready for a Hydro Maroon Stripe Tractor. :D

:ROTF: Im with Bob I missed it too :thumbs: your going to have to get it running now, you showed it :banghead:

STEVASAURUS'S HORSE RESCUE :thanks:

just be thankfull it does not have a broking leg

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs2: :banghead::banghead: Hi Steve nice save on the old girl. I hope it all works out for u.. Gary B....................

145Automatic

It always brings joy to my heart to see and old Horse saved from the scrap yard. I cringe at the thought of it being melted down and remade into 3 box store mowers... oh wait, they use plastic now. Thanks for sharing Steve. I hope you get her running. :thumbs2:

racinfool40

I thought I would bump this if anyone ever wondered what happened to this machine. Well I'm the proud owner now and plan on doing a full restore on this one!! :dunno: As time will allow..Steve delivered it to Scotts meet & greet and I brought her home, So well see whats in store for this one!!

whfan74

What you mean you aren't done with it yet???? :dunno:

Calebintn

Looking Good