Sign in to follow this  
clyde

toro whorse 520h

clyde

:banghead: i have a customer that has a 520h runs 15-20 min.with deck on and quits like you shut the switch off.and then starts right back up and away you go untill it does it again.it has baffled me unless its a relay issue,any help please :banghead: :thumbs2:

CRE1992

Try swapping out the coil, it could run until it gets hot, and then no more spark. Acting like you turned the key off. Also how many hours does it have on it?

flyovrcntry

I was working on a simplicity for a guy with the same issue.It had an inline circuit breaker with a loose connection.It would vibrate and cause the connection to arc which would heat up the breaker.The breaker would trip and after sitting for a few minutes it would run again for a few minutes.Th carb had a solenoid on the main so it would shut off the gas to the carb.

I was checking something else and felt the heat from the breaker.It would get so hot that the breaker was de-formed,but it was still working.

good luck,Bob

clyde

:banghead: cre1992 the toro has 446 original hrs thanks for the tips the tractor quits and you dont have to wait ,just long enough to put it in neutral and shut the deck off,starts right up :thumbs2:

WH nut

Id look at the connections and conditions of the seat and PTO switches. Also the fuse holders

HorseFixer

Id look at the connections and conditions of the seat and PTO switches. Also the fuse holders

Uhhh I agree on seat and fuse holders, but the PTO should only prevent it from starting. :thumbs2:

WH nut

No, its a doulbe switch, so when the PTO is engaged it sends power through the seat switch

clyde

:thumbs2: thanks guys seat switch is bypassed my next step is to look at connections i work on all makes i have had 4 this past month that run and quit 1 with carb solenoid issue 2 with crap in the tank but this one is driving me bonkers.thats why i love my pre 70s :banghead: less safety switches thanks guys

bigd

i had a c141 that was doing that and it was the head bolts were loose :thumbs2: i noticed some oil on the jug and thought the gasket was blown.

midnight rambler

Hi just my 2 pennies but also check your gas tank for blockage in there, I had an issue like that in the past and was mind baffling also, good luck

shorts

use a nheat gun and ohm meter to troubleshoot the electronics. I've seen heat open up circuits in automobile electrinic ignitions do the same thing, run great until they get hot and then shut off, by the time you get to troubleshooting every thing checks good, hook up the meter on the ignition system primary side and then heatsoak the individual parts looking for a resistance change or open as you go.

clyde

:thumbs2: hey thanks guys the fuse holder was melted underneath ,found that out when i unbolted it.been crazy busy and didnt think straight.thanks again guys :banghead: