Sign in to follow this  
CTPATRIOT

New 310-8

CTPATRIOT

Just picked up a decent 1989 model from an old timer in town,he got too old to use it!He replaced the original deck in the late "90's with a 42" rear discharge recycler(reciept for $934 was with it!).The seat was replaced in "01!Runs/drives great,never left outside.First tractor i've bought this year,been bussy with family and other things.This rig will live at my grams house to take care of her property.He gave me the original brochures,manuals,reciepts...

011-3.jpg

010.jpg

014-1.jpg

rmaynard

Very nice pick up. :thumbs2:

JimD

That's a dandy. :thumbs2:

dgoyette

Sweet! The dude on the cover of the brochure is funny too ha ha

Redbirdman

De-ja VU!

but sweet............ :thumbs:

(reciept for $934

The receipt that came with mine showed around 250 bucks for a 42" deck and a $1000.00 trade in for a JD and a balance due of $1700.00 with tax.......

that means that 310=8 cost $ 2500 bucks new.......!wow

ED :D

ps: BTW......its been 118 degrees almost everyday so i have not been getting too much seat time....but I can't get over how nice that engine sounds and the blades sound when cutting. But I cant find a beer holder :banghead:

from an old timer in town,he got too old to use it!

I BEG YOUR PARDON! :thumbs2: you're never too old to use it!

although I do have to admit I find it difficult getting on and off (poor choice of words) I mean 'dismounting' the 310 without getting certain parts caught in the various bars and handles..... :banghead:

boovuc

Very nice and I noticed that it doesn't have the small front tires/rims.

You can tell it was well cared for.

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

HorseFixer

Sharp looking machine! :thumbs2:

Edjfleming

Nice find, I picked one up that is mint for $200.00 delivered. My sister is mowing with it till fall, then the Yanmar diesel will be going in it over the winter.

Sparky

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

Actually it does have the smaller 6" front rims. The rears are only 22" tall and not 23". It would be a good candidate for the larger tire/rim upgrade since the deck is a 42" and not the 37".

Mike.......

CTPATRIOT

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

Actually it does have the smaller 6" front rims. The rears are only 22" tall and not 23". It would be a good candidate for the larger tire/rim upgrade since the deck is a 42" and not the 37".

Mike.......

Yeah,it has the smaller tire/wheel combo(ok for now).This will stay a mowing machine,my C-120 will do everything else after it's done mowing for the year.The guy bought a new 37" deck and a snowthrower with the 310 new.He hardly used the thrower and gave it away with the deck years ago when he bought the 42" mower for it.. :thumbs2: .I paid $399-for this tractor,and feel great about it.The oil looks like new,he said it was always changed many times a year and never lt it get dirty!

can whlvr

nice machine,for 400 its a good deal,in that shape :thumbs2:

JoeMonag

good luck, with the 310-8, it is a very good basic tractor, with little to go wrong. I have had an '88 for the past 4 years. Other than oil changes , a new set of filters and spark plug every year, along with a grease job.I have had no problems. I use it year round on my property. I keep a dozer blade on it and I made a rig to attach a 2.4 KW belt driven generator.

It is in the shed all gased up and ready to go, Just in case "Irene" decides to take out our power in the next 24hours. Joe in Norton,MA

m2424j

I have a 1987 310-8 I restored. It has a plow, 36 tiller, 38 RD mower deck and 36 snowblower. I love this tractor. I didn't know they came with 42 deck. I have used every attachment and find this to be the little tractor that can do it all. Yours is in very nice shape. Have fun with it! :thumbs2:

mavfreak

014-1.jpg

I noticed how they took the picture on the left brochure to make the tractor look so much bigger than what it is. And the brochure on the right is that a WH bicycle?LOL