Sign in to follow this  
coffeerich44

B100 Hydro, No Reverse

coffeerich44

I have a '75 B100 hydro. Forward and reverse work fine for about 15 min. until it warms up then the reverse stops working. Has anyone come across this problem and if so how did you fix it. Thanks

Teddy da Bear

I have read some things about this.

Most likely is the filter is dirty and the

fluid is contaminated in the transmission.

Change both and see if there is a difference.

wse100

I was going to suggest the filter, But because You said that the reverse doesn't work i was a little confused. :WRS:

Chances are the filter is really dirty, and when you run the motor a bit the already dirty filter gets completely full. It can come to a grinding stop. The has happened to me on three different pieces of hydraulic equipment.

But the reverse thing has me :whistle:

coffeerich44

Thanks for the input. I changed the filter and the oil using 10w 30. Unfortunately after it heats up the reverse still stops working. I also tried adjusting the shift lever but that didnt help either. I was hoping there was a quick fix but it looks like it might be some thing a little more involved.

nylyon

The only other easy fix would be to check to see if the belt is slipping. It doesn't sound like it's slipping though. It sounds like there is something going on internal to the pump. You may want to keep an eye on eBay to see if you can find an inexpensive replacement.

:whistle:

coffeerich44

I found a manual for the hydro on wheelhorsetractormanuals on Yahoo. Its a pretty detailed manual so hopefully I'll be able to repair it. If I figure it out I'll post the solution. Thanks for your help. Rich