Sign in to follow this  
MaineDad

Johnson Loader

MaineDad

Guys,

There is a guy locally selling a Johnson Loader with pump for a real good price. It is in excellent shape too. He does not know if it will fit a Wheel Horse 300 series. Will it? Does anyone here have one?

Thanks,

refracman

It could. The standard WH loader frame runs from the front attacamatic and bolts to the rearend housing with a cross bar that the loader mounts to. Even if it has the wrong subframe one can be fabed up if the price is right for the loader.

Good luck once you have a loader you wonder how you ever did without!

This is a pic of mine waiting for a tractor

100_0507.jpg

HorseFixer

Guys,

There is a guy locally selling a Johnson Loader with pump for a real good price. It is in excellent shape too. He does not know if it will fit a Wheel Horse 300 series. Will it? Does anyone here have one?

Thanks,

Whats a real good price Mica ?? :whistle:

Duke

Nick

As Steve said the Johnson loader should fit ok but you might just need to modify the subframe or build a new one. I believe Johnson built some larger loader models but most I have seen are smaller units that would work well on a 300 series. The Kwik-Way loader subframe mounts into the mid hitch and rear axle with a suport that hooks into the front hitch for the upright supports.

MaineDad

Whats a real good price Mica ?? :whistle:

Duke

ABout $900 and in immaculate shape. Comes with pump too.

rustbucket

that sounds like a pretty good deal to me

Nick

Around $900 sounds like a fair price. I can tell you the hydraulics alone would cost that or more if you were to build a loader. And steel just went up again on June 1st.

Kelly

I have a johnson loader, I paid $400 complete was a very good deal, the going price for them on ebay has been around $1000

Mine was mounted on a 24hp MTD but before that a 140 JD can't tell by the color.

I fabed up mounts to put it on my c-160 in a few hours, someday I will finnish my tractor I'm building just for the loader.

hardest part was building the pump mount, I did it twice :whistle: pump turned the wrong way :WRS::D

Not the best pic but here is mine

C-160_Loader.jpg

I will build a full sub frame for the new tractor

wse100

:WRS: Looks like kelly has a stable full of horses...

:whistle: I'm jealous. Some day I will have two!