Sign in to follow this  
jpmcleod

Bronco 14

jpmcleod

I have a Bronco 14 that has run for several years but now has no fire from the coil. I have power to the single wire at the bottom of the coil coil but no power coming out of the top to the plug.

I have a used coil comming and I do not want to burn it up when I install it.

The present wiring configuration that has worked for years has power to the stator wire in the "key on" position which should be correct I think. The problem (as I see it) is the power wire to the stator wire has been spliced and also runs to the coil. This gives constant power to the coil in the "key-on" position even without the engine spinning. This just doesn't seem right. Seems as though constant power may have been the culprit that burned up my present coil.

I'm of the opinion (and probally wrong) that power to the coil shoud only be when the flywheel is turning and activates the magnet from the stator sending power to the coil and fire to the plug. With constant power, seems as though the plug would have constatnt power also.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or just explain the wiring so I don't burn up the replacement coil. They are not cheap.

Thanks. I can be reached at jerry.pugh5170@yahoo.com or PM on this site.

rmaynard

Email sent.