Sign in to follow this  
C101Mike

Progress Pictures

C101Mike

If it was bolted, pinned or clipped on it came off, I finally got everything disassembled and painted and started this past weekend to re-assemble the C101 attached is a few progress pictures

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Still amazed at the simplicity of the design, and how well the tractor is engineered.

More pictures later

Mike R

T-Mo

Keep the pictures coming. Nice job so far - can't wait to the see more. :whistle:

kj4kicks

Looking good Mike ! :whistle: I know exactly what you're going through.

Only issue I saw was the left side tie rod. It should be on the top side of the spindle arm. Otherwise, it's great !

Rollerman

Isn't it great to get these tractor's all rusty & covered in grease...then tearing them down & rebuilding them like this. :whistle:

Really gives you a sense of pride.

Mike it's looking outstanding!...add more pics as you can.

C101Mike

Looking good Mike ! :whistle: I know exactly what you're going through.

Only issue I saw was the left side tie rod. It should be on the top side of the spindle arm. Otherwise, it's great !

Thanks, I was wondering about that, I didn't take pictures of that before I took it apart and the parts list didn't show that side of the assembly.

Appreciate the info.

Mike R

CasualObserver

That looks awesome... Nice Job!! Please keep taking/posting pictures! :whistle:

TT

I always like to see shiny parts coming back together. :WRS:

...and I REALLY like to see it when there isn't any more left on the "still needs installed" pile! :D

Looking good, Mike! Can't wait to see more progress. :whistle:

linen beige

...and I REALLY like to see it when there isn't any more left on the "still needs installed" pile! :D

Very nice work Mike. :WRS::D

It's even better when there isn't a "Now where did this come from, and where does it go?" pile. :whistle:

kpinnc

Looks really nice Mike. Very detailed work! :whistle:

Kevin

perry

looks good :WRS: . keep up with the pics :whistle:

C101Mike

Thanks to all for the nice comments, I'm pretty happy with it so far, especially this being my first, I've learned a lot already that will be applied to the next one, :whistle: this is getting addictive.

MIke R

KyBlue

Impressive!!! Cant wait till I get mine that far!

Duff

Just wanted to add another compliment - great work! :whistle::WRS::D

Deereman

Stigian

Dont you just love the look of fresh paint :WRS:

Nice work Mike, keep the photo's coming :whistle:

sorekiwi

Thanks, I was wondering about that, I didn't take pictures of that before I took it apart and the parts list didn't show that side of the assembly.

In my experiance, it doesnt matter how many pictures and notes you take, there's always something you dont remeber how to put back together!

Great job! Putting them back together is a lot more fun than grinding rust!

:whistle::WRS::D:D:dunno: :D

bo dawg

I have'nt attemped taring one down and redoing, I want to really bad, but :WRS: afraid of not being able to put back together either. Keep the pic's coming I want to learn!!! :imstupid:

Hey while were talking about it, what is the best way to start a project like that? pictures and drawings? put all nuts & bolts in bags with lables? :whistle:

Bo

C101Mike

Bo

I'm far from an expert as this was my first, but I took a lot of pictures, got all the documentation I could get my hands on, parts list, repair manuals etc, and I am still making mistakes putting it back together, I've already had to unbolt and change a few things with no more than I have re-assembled so far,

I have a fear of "gas grill syndrome", you follow all the instructions and find out on the last instruction that "you should have put the first part on upside down" :whistle:

Curious to see what some of the more experienced on the board say on this subject.

Mike R

TT

Aw, heck, guys.....

It won't be long 'til y'all can go out to the big rusty red pile out behind your shed and carry in enough parts to build a whole tractor from "scratch"! :WRS: :whistle:

bo dawg

I hear ya! :whistle:

kpinnc

It won't be long 'til y'all can go out to the big rusty red pile out behind your shed and carry in enough parts to build a whole tractor from "scratch"!

That's true! These things are so common from one model to another, and many of the parts will interchange.

The hard part is when you have more than one tractor torn down at once, and you can't remember which one part goes to which tractor.... :whistle:

Kevin

C101Mike

Aw, heck, guys.....

It won't be long 'til y'all can go out to the big rusty red pile out behind your shed and carry in enough parts to build a whole tractor from "scratch"! :D:WRS:

Hopefully someday soon

Ya'll da man :whistle:

Mike