Sign in to follow this  
Road-Track

Looking forward to winter

Road-Track

I went to get a jack shaft for my 37" mower deck and came back with a Black hood 1983 or 84? C-145 automatic.

The rear pan was replaced with a steel version and no numbers on the sticker.

It has a cool additional foot pedal for the hydro. It has the small rectifier/regulator, but don't see charging when I start it (could be the fuse, haven't checked yet).

How can I tell what year it is?

Randy :ychain

can whlvr

first of all :woohoo: ,how do know its not charging,is the gauge not showing anything,which could very well be the gauge,alot of the older onnes and newer onestoo dont work,or does it not start after using for a while,the model number will haveto be left to the guys that know the differencesof the 4 years they made it,1980-1983,,just wondering how you know if its a 83or 84 which they didnt make a 145 in 84,at least thats what partstree shows

boovuc

The C-141 was made for two years in 1978 and 1979.

1978 Models 81-14K801 and 81-14KS01

1979 Models 91-14KS01 and 91-14K802

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

145Automatic

:woohoo: C-145 is a solid tractor. It was common for the rear fenders to be replaced with steel ones since the fiberglass fender often cracked. Have fun with it. If you get a chance I'd like to see some pictures of the foot control.

Road-Track

I am not sure if this is a C-141 or C-145?

The engine is a K321AS Spec code 60373 with SN 12164380.

I am trying to add pictures, but having a hard time reducing to 56K. Any help would be appreciated.

Pulled the carb off for rebuild, leaking at bowl seal and floods if run up or down hill.

:woohoo:

Attached Image

post-3-1312733913.jpg

Road-Track

Hydro control pedal from the front.

Attached Image

post-3-1312735029.jpg

can whlvr

from your pics its hard to tell,either post a pic of the entire tractor or go to the members pictures of tractors and look through the pics and you will be able to tell the difference,the black hoods are very different looking fron the traditional,c series,the hood is very unique to the 145,or any of the c,s that there model number ends with 5,as opposed to 1 like me c101,heres a pic of a c101

IMG_0508.jpg

Gerry w

:woohoo: fellow Vermonter!! Some say the "C" tractors were Wheel Horses "sweet spot" of building. Looks like you got a good one! Love those wheel weights in one of your pics. Tractor seems loaded!

Gerry

rmaynard

I am trying to add pictures, but having a hard time reducing to 56K. Any help would be appreciated.

Sign up for a free Photobucket.com account. Upload your pictures there. No limit on size, but 640 x 480 is best for RedSquare.

Once the pictures are uploaded, copy the link location and paste it here.

If you have any problems, PM me and I will help you. :woohoo:

Road-Track

Thanks Bob. Here is my first shot at photo bucket. Let me know if this is correct???

Gerry,

I kinda took to those wheel weights too. I have never seen any like them before.

They have a galvanized center cover that is removable.

Hope these pictures are better.

The engine is an 1982 according to the serial number. Looks original.

I also got the 37 inch snow thrower with it.

Thank you all for the help! :woohoo:

http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l485/r...rack/?start=all

Raider12

The "Title" of this the topic is Just Wrong!

Good topic, but just idea of "Winter" sends a chill up my spine. :woohoo:

Wheel Horse Kid

I hate to say this, but I will have to agree with Raider 12. :D The word "winter" just not appealing to me at this time. I guess we could be positive and think about the the fun of snow blowing and snow plowing with our wheel horses in the winter? :woohoo:

can whlvr

so if you dont know by now she is definitly a c145,it has the odd square hoor and it came with the plastic fender that has been swapped allready as you stated,if the engine is original then your tractor model number would be 01-14ke03,1982 c145

Road-Track

Sorry to remind everyone about winter during this great summer. Winter is when I use the wheel horse the most. I have a long driveway and need to get out to go skiing.

Has anyone attempted a screw drive Winter Wheel horse?

Maybe some day...... :woohoo:

Raider12

Has anyone attempted a screw drive Winter Wheel horse?

Maybe some day...... :woohoo:

Man, this is one bad looking machine. To bad these are not around today. Thanks for sharing the video clip.

Road-Track

Found this tractors right pedal is an option for automatics from 1983 to 1987.

The attachment is called the Hydro foot control WH# 8-3900.