Sign in to follow this  
meadowfield

Cumbrian steam gathering 2011

meadowfield

Hi all,

just had a very hot 4 days in the south lakes area of the UK. We were fortunate to have a rare thing in the UK over summer - a thing you guys call sun ! :woohoo:

Heres a few pics of our collection - my dads Norlett and brothers Raider 10 both won awards in our section... I need to try harder next year ! :D

flook5.jpg

all loaded up

flook6.jpg

flook7.jpg

flook1.jpg

all together

flook2.jpg

testing the lights - spot the incandescent !

flook3.jpg

flook4.jpg

bumped into a few people off the other UK forum - but not thames1964... we were camping across from you!!!

mark

Anglo Traction

Nice Pics Mark, Shame you missed out on Awards, maybe your up one at the next Show.

Glad the weather was good for you. There's a few tasty projects there I would like to get my hands on!, especially the 'Crawler' next to the Norlet.

The difference in the lights is clear.

Hoping to pop over to the Lingfield Show this weekend. Hoping my local Toro Man is there with his Tandem WH(s).

Thanks again.

Regards

neil

Hi Mark

looks like it was a good show , The green Norlett looks really cool ,

I took a few of my tractors to a local show a couple of weel ago .

Its also good to see that warm reddy orangey thingy thats sits in the sky

The c121 is still here foer you when your ready.

Look forward to seeing you again maybe,

meadowfield

Richard, the MG40 looked like it had been sat in a yard for the last 30 years. Certainly a good project for someone - half of the track bolts and washers had rotted away leaving the tracks in a poor state !

LED lights work really well providing you had good reflective backings

Neil, the Norlett seems to get a lot of attention, but then it has the front weights and a 3 furrow chisel plough on the rear lift.

my brother has a 3 point lift and a tipping trailer, so until I get some serious hardware attached I'm going to be behind them!

Fingers crossed will be free early sept for a run down to yours - might get those beers in we had planned...

cheers

mark

mhirst121

I too spent a glorious weekend at Flookborough, saw your tractors on the trailer on Friday evening, all looked superb. I didn`t have time to get much of a look around as I took my model stationary engines, so was stuck in the marquee for the two days :woohoo:

Never mind maybe will be ready to take my WH down next year :D

Cheers,

MartinH

PS, can I ask where you get your exhaust stack silencers please meadowfield?

meadowfield

Martin,

I probably saw you briefly, but didn't recognise you (having never met!!!)

Silencers are home made as thats the only way to get what we wanted.

My brother has changed back to the standard kohler so might be up for selling his if you are interested?

Will be coming past your neck of the woods around 8am tomorrow... we'll wave :D

mark

p.s. thanks for the kind words! :woohoo:

thames1964

Hi Meadowfield

We did come across and met your Dad and brother, on the Friday, think you were out and about.

Thames 1964 was doing the driver training on Friday and Saturday, so much of his weekend was taken up with training and homework!! Sunday was spent catching up with what was on the field.

Had visitors so was difficult for us to get across again to say hello. We'll catch up with you somewhere!

No rallies now until Hunton in September. Then Scorton at the end of September. Tractors will then be put away until next year. Maybe have a look down to Newark in November. Where has the year gone!!

meadowfield

aye, where has the year gone!

we'll catch up with you somewhere next year, we are packed and seting off to our last rally of the year at Driffield.

thanks

mark