Sign in to follow this  
wse100

just got my horse drive.. (front tensioner)

wse100

just got my Horse drive.. (front tensioner) picked it up off ebay 15.00- with the belt. I was looking for a belt pattern so I don't put the belt on backwards...

I know there is probably a site somewhere that show how its supposed to go, but I am having a hard time trying to find it?

Any one have a picture of the belt pattern, or now where a diagram is?

As soon as I get this figured out my horse will get out of the stable and chew a little grass.

Thanks again,

Charles

TT

5208002.jpg

5208005.jpg

wse100

wow, I feel like this should be a staples comercial "That was easy"

Hopefully you had the pic already, if not that was lightning fast.

Thanks again TT,

Charles

TT

I had those from a few weeks ago, Charles. Seems to be a popular question around this time of the year. :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

Just do not criss-cross the belt before it goes on the deck drive pulley.

You will wear the belt out in a hurry and your blades will be running backwards.

mcwh1950

Just do not criss-cross the belt before it goes on the deck drive pulley.

You will wear the belt out in a hurry and your blades will be running backwards.

mike do people really criss cross belt on the deck

T-Mo

After the C-125's poor cutting ability yesterday and now seeing TT's pictures, I'm tempted to check the belt on it when I get home. :whistle:

DMESS

Try routing the 6 sided demon for the first time. You can go all sorts of ways with that sucker!

mcwh1950

i route my 6 side demon about ten time a year due to change attachment. so it come pretty easy to me. also the decal is still on the deck for the nephews to change it for me .

wse100

i route my 6 side demon about ten time a year due to change attachment. so it come pretty easy to me. also the decal is still on the deck for the nephews to change it for me .

It is my first time routing the belt, and I lost the decal with about 1/2 cup of silica sand :whistle: It was in bad shape though :WRS:

My horse drive was lacking the front adjustment knob, So tt gave me the part number and suggested I buy a new one. All the parts (Knob, Spirng washer, Roll pin) came to $8.00.

When I get it all together I'll take a few shots of Her eating some of my grass.

KyBlue

I had to order the knob, spring washer and pin for mine too. Now to get the old mangled pin out...

Teddy da Bear

mike do people really criss cross belt on the deck

seems so.... :whistle:

wse100

I had to order the knob, spring washer and pin for mine too. Now to get the old mangled pin out...

After trying to drill it out, I used some penetrating oil, and a small nail, 3 hits and it was out :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

After trying to drill it out, I used some penetrating oil, and a small nail, 3 hits and it was out

I am going to have to try that method for a broken/mangled roll pin on my C-120's PTO. I tried drilling and got no where.

linen beige

I am going to have to try that method for a broken/mangled roll pin on my C-120's PTO. I tried drilling and got no where.

If a roll pin is where you can heat it without damaging any other parts, get it cherry red. That takes the temper out of the pin and a drill bit will practically push through it. Works great for taking the pin out of the old RJs and early suburban steering wheels.

wse100

I

If a roll pin is where you can heat it without damaging any other parts, get it cherry red. That takes the temper out of the pin and a drill bit will practically push through it. Works great for taking the pin out of the old RJs and early suburban steering wheels.

I never thought to heat it up...usually heat is what I try first :whistle::WRS:

Never the less I didn't hurt the part at all, the small nail just pushed it right through

:D

wse100

ok I finally got time to put my front tensioner on... And I'm pretty sure the belt is way too small. (Not nearly long enough) I fought with it for nearly an hour, trying to different ways. Too short. Or is it, is there a secret to installing these?

Anyone know off hand how long the belt is supposed to be? The wheel horse dealer is about 40 min from here, could I substitute the belt with another brand?

I can't be too upset I only paid 15.50 for the tensioner. Oh Well.

TT

The OEM belt for the GT-1100/1142 with the 42" deck is P/N 102742. That would be a 1/2" wide belt, 103 1/4" long. It crosses to Gates # 6378.

Teddy da Bear

I only know the B & C series with 36" deck. (94 to 96")

wse100

The OEM belt for the GT-1100/1142 with the 42" deck is P/N 102742. That would be a 1/2" wide belt, 103 1/4" long. It crosses to Gates # 6378.

Thanks again TT :WRS: I just measured my belt --97" long :whistle: I just couldn't get it to work

:D:D I'm feeling pretty :imstupid:

WheelHorse_of_course

Karl,

maybe this should be in the reference section.