nylyon

Installing a 48" plow

nylyon

How to install a 48" plow on your tractor, this assumes that the mower deck and mule drive are already removed.

FIRST lay the plow on the ground in front of the tractor with the angle handle detached.

snow8.JPG.925cc25f7f553dc58bdafc7cf6c285

SECOND roll the tractor over the plow until the engagement rod is just below the rear axle hitch. Be sure that while moving you move the angle handle out from under the tractor. Lift the rear of the plow into the hitch and lock it in.

snow9.JPG.cd0f6296eb6606a6f9c336126ad82c

snow10.JPG.cfefbc0da0871654c14a90bed7c66

THIRD lower the lift handle and install the lift rod into the lift bar. Reattach the angle handle using some grease on the piviot points.

snow11.JPG.8688b9eb3af67ef561a5d3aa70926

That's all there is. I love how easy attachments are with these Horses...

snow12.JPG.8d0155aeccf5c574d4fce233ce14c

• Like 6

TT

I guess I cheat (or I'm just lazy :P ) when I put my blade on. I just run the right front tire up on the right side of the A frame (coming in from a slight left angle) and when the front tire gets to the angle lever, I cut the wheels hard left and then back to the right to go around it. (you can lay a block of wood in the space where the tire drops in to the gap in the A frame) That way I don't have to take the angle lever off.

Sometimes I even do that with mower decks -- block it from moving and drive right up over the back of it. :D

zieg72

Any tips/ways to keep the rear from coming undone. A couple of times the rear on the right side came undone while plowing.

kj4kicks

Zieg, there should be a hole near each latch. After the blade is installed, put a cotter pin in each hole to keep it from loosening.

T-Mo

Eldon,

My rear attachment bracket does NOT have a hole on the lever. I thought about seeing if there was enough room to drill one, or maybe safety wire the lever or wire tie it. :thumbs:

KyBlue

How long is this bar?? between the blade and the lift arm I mean.

snow11.JPG

Im sure its been brought up before, but I havent found the info ... My blade is missing this peice.

I suppose I could make a J rod and use a trunion on one end..

thanks!!!

zieg72

How long is this bar?? between the blade and the lift arm I mean.

snow11.JPG

Im sure its been brought up before, but I havent found the info ... My blade is missing this peice.

I suppose I could make a J rod and use a trunion on one end..

thanks!!!

Overall length is 5.25" with hole centers at 4". I just measured mine.

• Like 1

KyBlue

Thats what I call a speedy response. Thanks a Bunch! Ive got to drive to grand Rapids Again tonite, so It'll have to wait till next weekend.

Thanks again!!

AJ_Thanatos

Overall length is 5.25" with hole centers at 4". I just measured mine.

Are there cotter pins on the ends of those? 

Tankman

There are two different lift links.

Dozer-Blade-Lifts.jpg

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Tankman When you use the long link do you also use the short link. I am a little confused. If not does the lift bar just flop around?

Tankman
7 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Tankman When you use the long link do you also use the short link. I am a little confused. If not does the lift bar just flop around?

Use both links to stop the flop.

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Tankman that's what I thought , but when I tried using both links , I could not get the plow to lift at all. I need to go back and see if I have the links in the right holes. Most days I don't know up from down or left from right.:ROTF:

shallowwatersailor
24 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Tankman that's what I thought , but when I tried using both links , I could not get the plow to lift at all. I need to go back and see if I have the links in the right holes. Most days I don't know up from down or left from right.:ROTF:

No, you only use one link. If you are using the short link (picture #3), you use the liftbar which will allow the blade to float. The long link attaches to the bellcrank directly and allows pressure to be applied to the blade. Yes, the liftbar stays loose with this arrangement, or you can remove it temporarily along with the trunnion and chain.

cleat
1 hour ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Yes, the liftbar stays loose with this arrangement, or you can remove it temporarily along with the trunnion and chain.

Or you can disconnect the trunnion and chain then tie them and the liftbar up out of the way if you are uncomfortable with removing it. (I personally would remove it to ensure nothing gets caught).

• Like 1

T-Mo

While browsing the web yesterday for Wheel Horse videos, I ran across this one.  I've seen this guy's videos before and from what I read, he's on MTF (and maybe here, don't know).  He does have some interesting Wheel Horse videos on youtube.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks for all the information guys it will be a big help. After the flu passes ( yes I got a flu shot on Tuesday AM and have been sick ever since) I will get my butt in gear and check out my hook up. I need it to push leaves not snow.

Big papi

Where a Can I get the rear mounting bracket for the rear axle?

rjg854

Check with AZ Tractor ,he's there in PA..

Big papi

That’s just up the road in myerstown. 

Big papi

Just ordered one. Thank you all for the help. 

squonk

I use a trunion and chain to lift the plow. I don't want to give the neighbor's all of my gravel! :)

pyroplegic

I use 3- 3/8" shackles, 1 on the plow where the pin of the shackle is in the hole & bell facing up,  1 on the lifter where the pin of the shackle is in the hole & bell facing down, and 1 connecting them together 

12Horse Paladin

Tagging this, for future reference.

I am sooooo slow with alla this; just now found....helps explain a lot!

(I admit freely to doing so much better with pictures to use as reference....)