Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Wasn't Looking But Had to Buy It !!

VinsRJ

Ver nice score Steve!

can whlvr

was the economy bad in those years,maybe wheelhorse needed a cheap machine to sell because money was tight,my 308 is bare bones,but that can be a good thing,less wiring,no gauges to replace,mine had the tube on the tranny for the rear lift though

SAM58

was the economy bad in those years,maybe wheelhorse needed a cheap machine to sell because money was tight,my 308 is bare bones,but that can be a good thing,less wiring,no gauges to replace,mine had the tube on the tranny for the rear lift though

Jimmy Carter years, high interest rates... bad ecomony you bet.

That is a really nice machine. :woohoo:

wats56

Jimmy Carter years, high interest rates... bad ecomony you bet.

That is a really nice machine. :woohoo:

Nope Ronald Reagan years

BOWTIE

HELLO, MY NEIGHBOR BOUGHT A NEW 1986 308-8. IT WAS $1995.00 WITH 37" 2 BLADE DECK. IT HAD ONE BELT THAT RAN PTO AND DECK SPINDLES. IT WAS BARE BONE BUT HEAVY DUTY TRACTOR AT REASONABLE PRICE. WHEEL HORSE WAS TRYING TO COMPETE WITH THE BIG BOX STORES THROW AWAY TRACTORS. HE USED IT FOR 18 YEARS MOWING 2.5 ACRES AND THEN STARTED SMOKING AND USE A LOT OF OIL.

BOWTIE IN COLUMBUS

truckin88

very nice Steve, that is a steal

Wheel Horse Kid

Boy, that is a really clean looking tractor!

HankB

Great looking tractor. I think that '85 is correct because they switched to the magnum engines in '86. I have an '85 312-8 with K301. It's not nearly as nice as yours and I paid the same, but it did come with a 36" SD deck and 42" blade.

Ken B

Its a keeper for sure? Somehow I think in sometime it'll be headin on down the road! :ROTF: It is kinda clean. You gotta at least lose them front tires Chief.

I found this old thread and I couldn't resist bringing it back! Are you sure its a keeper? :ychain:

squonk

You guys up there must have ants in your pants. Nothing is held onto long!! :ychain: :ychain: Asking $250 but took $150. I can't buy a rusty piece of junk around here for less than $350. Ok Ken how long before it goes on the block? You guys should have Barrett/Jackson come up there and do a Wheel Horse collectors auction! :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

JackC

Side of the road? Looks like it came off the showroom floor.

stevebo

And now it is in Ken B's horse stable...... I decided to move this one down the road as I ended up buying my Dad's 417A from his wife. I figured I needed to have that one since dad passed in June. I plan on using it for mowing duties this summer with a nice 48 inch deck on it. ken- I guess my neighbor is sol and needs to now buy a tractor to mow his lawn.....

Ken B

Its funny, I really liked this tractor when I saw this posted originally, never thought I'd own it. Another funny thing, the front tires stay! Thanks much Steve.

welderman85

Its a great looking tractor

Wheel-N-It

Its a great looking tractor

Its a great looking tractor no matter who owns it now :twocents-mytwocents:

Sorry to hear of your Dads passing Stevebo. My Dad passed in May of 2011. I brought his old Simplicity 728 to my house and got it running again. It is the rider I learned how to drive and cut grass on when I was a kid. I gotta hang onto that one as it has some good memories for me.

Edited by Wheel-N-It

midnight rambler

sweet, matches the scooter in the back ground