Sign in to follow this  
WHC-125

Got my first Power King

WHC-125

Well today I did some dealing with Ed(Edjfleming) and ended up getting his Economy Power King 1612 that is in nice shape. It came with the plow, deck, and some extra goodies as well. I have seen other people have these machines before and now I decided to see what there all about and I cant wait to restore this one since I am almost finished with restoring my Cub Cadet 73. Im sorry I dont have pics now but I will post some up asap :woohoo:

rexman72

Well today I did some dealing with Ed(Edjfleming) and ended up getting his Economy Power King 1612 that is in nice shape. It came with the plow, deck, and some extra goodies as well. I have seen other people have these machines before and now I decided to see what there all about and I cant wait to restore this one since I am almost finished with restoring my Cub Cadet 73. Im sorry I dont have pics now but I will post some up asap :woohoo:

congrats on your new toy

Edjfleming

Always a pleasure to deal with you Chris!! My wife loves the 702, looks like i will be putting the diesel in the 1045!!

WHC-125

Thanks rexman! And I completely agree Ed, always a pleasure to do business with you and its great when each person on each side of the deal is happy too. Im glad hear your wife loves it too :D And cant wait to see the 1045 done :woohoo: I took a few quick pics a little while ago and am gonna try to load them up in a few

Sparky

C'mon.....stop teasing! Wheres the pics Chris?

:woohoo:

Mike..........

WHC-125

There comin, there comin geeze! Im still trying to :woohoo: and :D

stevebo

Chris asked me to help post pics as he is having an issue with posting.

014.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

WHC-125

Thanks for posting the pics Steve! Im going to try and get some better pics when I got the new work horse outside

Sparky

Very cool tractor Chris. Couple question....are the front tires smaller than stock? Maybe they just look smaller cause the rears are huge. Whats with the wheelie bar? Was it a puller? I cant imagine its light in the front end :woohoo: .

Mike...........

WHC-125

Well to start with your question on the tires, it originially came with a set of 16x6.5x8 turf tires on front of it but one of them had a slow leak. And not too long ago Ed was looking for a set of tires to put on the front and he liked the look of the tri ribs so we made a deal and he threw them on. I might switch back to the other set of tires and buy new tires for the front who knows...I am also on the hunt for ag tires and I think I may have found a set but I have to make the trip to good ol New Milford soon :woohoo: And for your question on the wheelie bars, the tractor was going to be pulled with and in the rules/ regulations it requires wheelie bars on the "big wheel" and 'super stock" tractors for the club that I pull with. And for the smaller garden tractor classes I am not sure but it may be optional to have wheelie bars even though most people usually have them to be safe and smart.

squonk

I yanked out some stumps with my 77 2414 PK before I had the loader built. Front end was very light. If your going to pull with a PK, bars are a must. I wonder how a PK would be classed in a GT pull. They will out pull a stock GT easily. I have a neighbor who tried to drag a small shed with his Gravely 812. All he did was pop wheelies. My King "Elvis" dragged it 30 yds. in 1st gear with the engine idling.

DSCF0921.jpg

vince_o

The only thing I dont like about the PK's is like you said the front end is too light. At my plow day this spring we had 3 plowing ad disking. I think that the way the rears are built, they are bullet proof. The loader looks great along with the resto on the tractor.

WHC-125

Mike, I would just like to say thats a great looking Economy and I completely agree with you as well. I was thinking about restoring mine but I like the original look, its definitely a hard decision. I just hope if I redo mine it could look as purdy as yours

And Vince I agree with you there but so far I havent had my front end off the ground :woohoo: