Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

Lane and David Ralph Showing the Flag

Lane Ranger

Lane and David Ralph brought two 1964 1054's (with 12 inch WH garden plow and cultivator) and a B-100 with 3000 Watt Wheel Horse generator to run a box fan and Panasonic radio!

We displayed Friday thru Sunday and met a lot of nice folks and did some recuitment for Red Square - encouraging Wheel Horse owners to join.

I also took a photo of a Wheel Horse management employee that I am sending to Lawn and Garden Tractor Magazine -he had a LGTC tee shirt on he bought three years ago at the Florida Flywheelers show !

Ravens Trailer loaded for the show:

100_9904.jpg

100_9907.jpg

100_9938.jpg

100_9916.jpg

Some unususal motorized Wheel Horses:

100_9929.jpg

100_9930.jpg

100_9931.jpg

Two of Richard Layne of Mentone Wheel Horse tractors :

100_9933.jpg

101_9973.jpg

Scott Brothers Wheel Horse 754:

100_9935.jpg

1982 SK 486 Wheel Horse:

101_9967-1.jpg

Rare Aircraft L and G tractor made by Dodge :

100_9912.jpg

100_9913.jpg

Neat Looking Roof Three wheel mower and snowblade attachment. Roof was made in Pontiac, Illinois:

101_9968.jpg

101_9969.jpg

101_9970.jpg

A real Beast of a tactor:

101_9966.jpg

101_9965.jpg

Neat four wheel trailer made from old Cub Cadet tractor frame with the transmission removed:

100_9946.jpg

Old International truck painted up nice:

101_9960.jpg

Nice Old Chevrolet coupe:

101_9962.jpg

• Like 2

Martin

great pics lane. you know i thought about attending this show but i only just got my truck into get the trans redone,(been sitting since the sycamore show). would have been nice to see my 1054 lined up with you guys.

thanks for showing us the pics, do you have any more for us? :woohoo:

Lane Ranger

Thanks Martin:

Here are a few more:

101_9996.jpg

Nice side view of the Wheel Horse 633 owned by Gene Wisinski of Monticello, Indiana with his GM-60 57 inch three gang mower that weighed 190 lbs and cost $205 in 1964.

101_9964.jpg

Case 644 with Loader:

101_9980.jpg

We had a nice visit with B.J. Timmons on Friday and he had thought about bringing his GT 14 with loader but did not show it at Winamac. On Satuday around 3 or 4 o'clock who shows up but B.J. Timmons, his brother on a 953 Wheel Horse and another Timmons family member on a nice Commado 800 riding up to out checkered flag canopy.

The GT 14 with loader attracted about 25 peole in a real hurry as B.J. Timmons is a machinist and did a wonderful restore job on tis 1972 GT 14 with loader.

101_9986.jpg

101_9982.jpg

Interesting Case with hydraulics and just about as small as the Wheel Horse Lawn Ranger:

101_9997.jpg

My 1975 B-100 automatic with 3000 watt Wheel Horse generator:

100_9902.jpg

1975 B-100 with box fan and Radio running :

100_9950-1.jpg

Our show neigbor - young Ashton Van Couten's 1966 876 automatic he recently bought at an auction in Winamac for $225!:

100_9917.jpg

:woohoo:

• Like 2

can whlvr

thanks for sharing,nice tractors you have too :woohoo:

Brrly1

Lane, good looking tractors. Of course, I love the GT14 with the loader. Most certainly loved the Iowa Hawkeye t-shirt, the 2011 Big Ten Champions in football this year. :woohoo:

:D

porkchop

Thanks for the great pictures. :woohoo:

Lane Ranger

Brrly1:

John my daughter Emily went to Drake Law School and Uninversity of Iowa for a Masters in Social work! She liked living in Iowa a lot!

We enjoyed our visits to Des Moines and Iow City. You had a hard time getting around town though during one of the Iowa football games last year!

That GT 14 with loader B. J. Timmons rebuilt was the nicest one I ever saw. He was complaining about one slight o ring leak like it was the end of the world!

Brrly1

Lane, I grew up about 17 miles east of Des Moines. My baby sister also got her masters degree from Drake University. Small world :woohoo:

HorseFixer

Nice looking tractor Lane :woohoo:

Cheers ~Duke

Lane Ranger

I added a few more pictures this am of Wheel Horse and other tractors and old items from the Winamac, Indiana Power from the Past Show held this last weekend.

dclarke

Thanks for the pics Lane, looks like a nice show.

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Rollerman

Nice pics Lane, a coworker has that same last name & lives in Sturgis, MI.

I'll have to ask if he has a family member with ahit & miss powered Wheel Horse?

Lane Ranger

Yes I have seen him at Winamac two or three years in a row Steve!

Tetzloff , correct??

Tankman

Wonderful pictures! Certainly a fun, exciting great time!

Of course we all wanted (wished) to be there!

Wheel-N-It

Thank you Lane for posting these great pics. Looks like you had good weather for the show.

speedyleedy

Great picture's Lane thank's for sharing them with us ! :)

Lane Ranger

The Winamac, Indiana "Power from the Past" show celebrated its's 34th show in 2011 when these photos were taken.

My brother David and I have been to three shows at Winamac in 2010, 2011 and 2012. It is a great show and lots of variety.

The site is in the Winamac City Park and County Fairgrounds which are located along the Tippecanoe River oxbow in downtown Winamac.

I try to post notices in the Red Square "General Shows and Events " for those interested in attending a show. I also put photos there after the show.

Here is a link to the 2012 show which a number of otehr Red Square members attended. It is always great to meet othe members and share knowledge and love of the wheel horse tractors.

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/LaneRanger104/Winamac%20IND%20Power%20From%20the%20Past%202012/

Power from the Past Show Link:

http://www.winamacpowershow.com/

Edited by Lane Ranger