Sign in to follow this  
SousaKerry

OHHHHH YEAHH

SousaKerry

I've been working on a budget puller for the kids our local club has a 10HP class for the little ones so that ol C-100 8 speed in the shed is getting much needed attention. So far I've got an adjustable hitch, wheelie bars, and wheel weights on it. Tires are 23X10.5x12 carliele Tru Powers. The motor is a bone stock Kohler K241 and has never been rebuilt and the bore looks perfect, It don't burn a drop of oil either.

So last night I tell the 16 year old step son to go get the truck keys (92 GMC Sanoma) hooked up a chain to the ball hitch and told him to put the truck in nuetral and steer.

Started off down the road in High 1 no problem shifted to high 2 no problem shifted to high 3 no problem, yelled back to the boy to step on the brake, The truck was not running so no brake boost, he puts the pedal to the metal and the ol c100 starts to grunt but keeps on pullin.

The hitch is set at 12.5 inches and mind you I have no weight on the front end yet, the front wheels only came up enough to take the weight off, and we are still rolling. now we live in a trailer park and being it was a lovely night out all the neighbors are looking at us like we lost our minds :ROTF:

The engine finally starts to stumble and loose RPM's so I push in the clutch. I lower the throttle to idle and the engine just dies so i grab for choke and just barely keep it running. Pull the tractor back to the shed and it runs fine :woohoo:

I think maybe I might have a fuel problem it has done this before after a long parade run (round the park) I'll start with the easy stuff first new fuel line and filter but was wondering If maybe anyone else had any ideas, Carb was rebuilt last year, could this be an overheating issue?

Oh and by the way the wheels never slipped once on the pavement. coarse my fat 300lb a$$ may have something to do with that. I think I may have a Cub Killer here on my hands :D

can whlvr

you know we will need some photos when you pull her,a video would be better :woohoo:

corn53

:woohoo: and video!!!!

Cody

Make sure the screen on the fuel shut off is not blocked restricting flow. :woohoo:

SousaKerry

well i went through everything this weekend ripped the screen out of the gas tank (it was trashed) all new fuel line new fuel filter, checked the points, checked the lifter gap, all were fine tried to start it and nothing...... ran on either so it is got to be fuel.

replaced fuel pump with one from the parts bin and it's running great

took the fuel pump apart and one of the seals on the check valves was all shriveled up and out of place, amazing that little seal caused so much problem :woohoo:

oh well got the hood and the fender pan in the de-rust tank cooking away