Sign in to follow this  
Chip Chester

Name this dozer...

Chip Chester

Hi folks. Is this implement a standard Wheel Horse item? Specifically the frame being constructed of round tubing... Seller says it came off a B-80 (which is what I have) but also referred to 'brackets welded to the axle at the factory' which I haven't seen in everyone else's pix. And of course, the picture runs out at the top where I'd like to see more detail. I'm heading out in 1 hour to take a look, so any quick comments would be appreciated.

Chip

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-4-1212754449.jpg

TT

Definitely not an original WH attachment!

....and if I didn't "get you" already, :whistle:

Chip Chester

TT,

Thanks, and thanks! I replaced my pix with one of the whole unit, and it does seem to have some kind of label at the front attachment point, and does seem to have engagement levers and latches... But at this point, I'm not sure driving over an hour to see it is worthwhile...

Chip

TT

There have been many home made dozer blades and a quite a few adaptations done on Wheel Horses. It's hard to tell what that one was on originally, but it certainly isn't a factory-built original.

If it's real cheap and you don't care about originality or appearance, it would probably do the job. :whistle:

Dual Wheels

I bought a tractor a couple of weeks ago that came with the exact same blade...the owner said it was bought at the dealer with the tractor when new ? :WRS: Someone has been selling after market stuff as WH :D It is (or was) red though :whistle:

CasualObserver

Chip could you repost the other picture? It's small and distorted for my little 15 inch monitor. Red blade could be Massey or Bolens too... Massey used a straight round shaft back to the rear hitch of the tractor though... not an a-frame. I don't know about Bolens.

TT

The older Bolens "tube frame" tractors had the blade mounted to tabs on the front axle. Gravely used a single tube or channel frame that ran to the rear of the tractor though.

I'm also having a hard time seeing the picture because of the distortion..... it looks like the frame is 12 feet long. :whistle:

CasualObserver

I'm also having a hard time seeing the picture because of the distortion..... it looks like the frame is 12 feet long. :D

:whistle: Either a 12 foot frame or an 18 inch wide blade! :D :WRS: