Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Pullin Tractor Trany Recomendations

HorseFixer

TT & others what would you recomend for a pulling tractor tranny in the 8 horse kohler class. :D This would be hooking two tractors up from the front and pulling backwards. Yeah Yeah I know what fun is that but a club up here does it that way club rules. :whistle:

A thought crossed my mind, what about a C-series 8 speed flipped 180 motor flipped 180 and have 8 speeds in reverse :WRS: Am I pipe dreamin?

Duke

TT

Backwards pulls -- seriously? :whistle: That's a new one!

What about using a long frame tractor with everything in the normal location, but flip the engine around (move it forward as far as possible for extra room? :WRS: ) and fab up a pillow block supported jackshaft behind the engine. (mounted on a pedestal on the frame about where the battery box would be.)

That would reverse the input shaft direction on the transmission and give you 3 or 6 reverse speeds.

CasualObserver

what about adding a twist or figure 8 in the drivebelt somehow with different pulleys? that way you could run the tranny input pulley backwards without major mods? :whistle:

HorseFixer

Backwards pulls -- seriously? :whistle: That's a new one!

What about using a long frame tractor with everything in the normal location, but flip the engine around (move it forward as far as possible for extra room? :D ) and fab up a pillow block supported jackshaft behind the engine. (mounted on a pedestal on the frame about where the battery box would be.)

That would reverse the input shaft direction on the transmission and give you 3 or 6 reverse speeds.

Yeah Im serious as a heart attack! The POO BAH head guru of this club has been trying to suck me in! Kinda of a dual in front of his nephews...And he is going to get his wish.... "REAL GOOD" :dunno: It may not happen this year I have too much on my plate! :WRS:

But I want to get my "GROCERY LIST FILLED" this year on what I will need and start in the winter on it for spring. :D

TT give it some thought please I wanna jerk this chaps teeth right outa his head! :D Some things just need to be settled on the cement TRACK!

jschahl: you may have something there!

Duke

Raider12

Yeah Im serious as a heart attack! The POO BAH head guru of this club has been trying to suck me in! Kinda of a dual in front of his nephews...And he is going to get his wish.... "REAL GOOD" B) It may not happen this year I have too much on my plate! B)

But I want to get my "GROCERY LIST FILLED" this year on what I will need and start in the winter on it for spring. :whistle:

TT give it some thought please I wanna jerk this chaps teeth right outa his head! B) Some things just need to be settled on the cement TRACK!

jschahl: you may have something there!

Duke

This sounds like the pull off my brother and I had a few years ago. He kept spouting off about his "Big Bad Simplicty". We had both tractors working at the same address one weekend and we chained them together first in yard. My ole Raidar 12 drug him all over the yard. Then we went to the black top. I just stood on the brake while he just spun tires. When I let off the clutch, his stood striaght up in the air and stalled and I drug him around some more. We had a blast and still laugh at this! Go for it!

Denver