Sign in to follow this  
Calebintn

Craigslist wheel horse

Calebintn

Hey guys I have been looking for a round hood and some implements with no luck for quite some time. What a keywords do you guys use while searching classefieds?

Give up youd secrets and help me find a nice horse please :woohoo:

C-Series14

wheel horse and wheelhorse

rydogg

I use searchtempest.com and do a 150 mile search with the keywords Mike suggested.

littleredrider

That is how I found all the horses I've had. Well all but two. If you go into a city, at the left is a search box. Type in Wheel horse then wheelhorse, find all kinds of stuff. Even stuff that has nothing to do with the tractor.... :woohoo:

DoctorHfuhruhurr

If you have a cell phone with data connection get the Craigslist Notification app and set it up to notify you when searches get posted. Let it do the work for you.

varosd

also, be ready to go and buy ASAP if you see something good...otherwise it will be gone!!! most of the really good deals are snatched up within a few minutes!!

"He who hesitates, is lost"

Don V

Philnc

Another way to search Craigs by region or nationwide is Allofcraigs.com

You can cover a lot of ground quickly thataway......

tunahead72

SearchTempest.com searches multiple cities in CraigsList at one time. I use it a lot, for all kinds of stuff. Pick whatever radius from your zip code you want to search, click the "sale/wanted" category, then I usually click the "all sale/wanted" sub-category (takes a little longer, but people sometimes put their ads in some odd places, most of them end up in "farm & garden").

For Wheel Horse stuff, I enter the following in the "What" box:

("Wheel Horse")|Wheelhorse

This will pick up any ads with the words "Wheel Horse" (in that order) or Wheelhorse, all in one search (caps don't matter, I'm just anal <_< ).

There's other options -- you can choose states/cities manually, include eBay and/or Amazon results (WAY slow), all kinds of stuff.

Happy hunting!

rexman72

SearchTempest.com searches multiple cities in CraigsList at one time. I use it a lot, for all kinds of stuff. Pick whatever radius from your zip code you want to search, click the "sale/wanted" category, then I usually click the "all sale/wanted" sub-category (takes a little longer, but people sometimes put their ads in some odd places, most of them end up in "farm & garden").

This will pick up any ads with the words "Wheel Horse" (in that order) or Wheelhorse, all in one search (caps don't matter, I'm just anal <_< ).

There's other options -- you can choose states/cities manually, include eBay and/or Amazon results (WAY slow), all kinds of stuff.

Happy hunting!

I learn something new everyday.I am going to try this.

rmaynard

You can set the search parameters to check eBay too.

MikesRJ

[url=http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?location=37934&maxDist=250

can whlvr

i use kijiji,dont know if its in the us,anyway i set it for ontario,which is a very large area,and then i type in tractor and look at all the tractor listings,i have used search for a special thing and it can miss some of the listings,and for me it was all the time so now i look at all the tractors,sometimes there are tractors shown that arnt labeled just a pic,i find implements this way too

SAM58

also, be ready to go and buy ASAP if you see something good...otherwise it will be gone!!! most of the really good deals are snatched up within a few minutes!!

"He who hesitates, is lost"

Don V

Call as soon as you see something good, I seen an add that said...

Cub Cadet low hours must sacrifice...

When I when into the add it also said Wheel Horse 520H low hours. :woohoo:

So I called the guy and ask how much and what model?

He said 1996, bought it in 1997 329 hours, 60" deck $750.00

I told him sold and I would be there in two days...

When I got there he was amazed how many calls he recieved about the wheel horse. ( around 30) Only about 5 for the Cub.

I ask him why he sold it to me? He said I was the first to call...

So move quick to get the good deals.

Picked up a 2003 Model 48" SD deck around the same area about 3 weeks ago for $250.00, It is like new...

I bought both of them sight unseen.

Risky sometimes...

mr.pipes

He said 1996, bought it in 1997 329 hours, 60" deck $750.00

I told him sold and I would be there in two days...

When I got there he was amazed how many calls he recieved about the wheel horse. ( around 30) Only about 5 for the Cub.

I ask him why he sold it to me? He said I was the first to call...

So move quick to get the good deals.

You were lucky the guy was fair.

Deals like that are broken all too often when someone else can go there sooner with cash.

wh79d160

I have Tyson to the north & Rick V. to the east. There are no :D west or south, so I don't have a chance. :woohoo:

horsefeathers

Calebintn, why don't you put your location in your settings?

I have an 854 needs resto I'll give up!

But dont know where you are!

Workin_Horses

www.statewidelist.com

Allows you to search whole states at a time

Indy w h

Hey guys I have been looking for a round hood and some implements with no luck for quite some time. What a keywords do you guys use while searching classefieds?

Give up youd secrets and help me find a nice horse please :woohoo:

So...... What kind of round hood are ya looking for??

Indy

JimD

Calebintn, why don't you put your location in your settings?

I have an 854 needs resto I'll give up!

But dont know where you are!

Bud, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that he's in Tennessee. Caleb in tn. I've been wrong before though. :woohoo:

rmaynard

His profile says he is in Middle Tennessee, but that's a pretty wide area. :woohoo:

Calebintn

Im in the big city of Alexandria, TN

I really not to picky about what kind of round hood I get, I really love the 701 the guy keeps teasing us with from Lubock , Texas. Just waiting for the right one to show up.

jbumgarner

I like searchtempst. Everyone is exactly right. I am in NC and had been looking for a couple months and couldn't find one. I widened my search last weekend to include a 400 mile radius and picked up a 702 with blade, deck, chains and wheel weights yesterday. I did have to go to OH to pick up, but I was one of the first to call and the super nice owner held it for me. I searched atleast twice a day. There is a RJ in Charlotte, but I think he wants to much for it. Good luck on your search. :woohoo:

varosd

I have missed 2 different 520's in the York, PA on Gregslist that were going for $500, Hope someone from RS got them!! you really have to be able to drive over with cash and trailer and by the time work is over (and I can't view Gregslist at work) it is usally too late.. Have to get the Frau to go and pick them up! :woohoo:

Don V

rdd52

i just found a 702 today on craigslist i just type in wheel horse but you have to be there at the right time and place just like everything else.good luck on the hunt :woohoo:

chesbaycruiser

This will pick up any ads with the words "Wheel Horse" (in that order) or Wheelhorse, all in one search

Tuna,

That's the same search I use, although I don't bother with the parentheses "()" inside the quotes, so mine looks like this: "wheel horse"|wheelhorse

FYI...for those that don't already know, you can use the "|" symbol (on the forward-slash key, below Backspace), which functions as the word "or" in Craigslist (and SearchTempst) searches. So you could search for several specific brands of tractors (What? :D ) at the same time by searching: "wheel horse"|deere|cub|simplicity

Or....you could search with a filter (omitting unwanted results) using the "minus" (-) character like so: "garden tractor"|-green

Which would return all results for Garden Tractor EXCEPT those with the word "Green" in the listing! :woohoo:

For the full details with examples, the Craigslist Help Page is located here.

Happy hunting....