Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Napa Has Small Engine Parts

HorseFixer

Many people donot know this but NAPA has a wide variety of Small Engine parts available. You can go to your local Napa Auto Parts store and they will give you a lawn and garden catalog. They have a section on briggs, tecumseh, kohler and others. I ordered an ignition coil for a K-90 engine at 9:00 a.m and they had the coil by 3:00 p.m. and I picked it up after work. They have carbs, rebuild kits, points condensors, coils, piston rings and other parts you may need. You can also sign up for a discount card and get some off the list price. This may just give you another option in your repairs!

Duke

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

glenn27

Yes--they have actually a small engine catalog--divided into sections by manufacturer's--My friend @ the local NAPA gave me their's from last year--and supprisingly--genuine Kohler parts--at the same price I can get them from the Kohler main distribution center here...

I just sit down w/ the catolog at home--and shop away-- B)

oldandred

Yes--they have actually a small engine catalog--divided into sections by manufacturer's--My friend @ the local NAPA gave me their's from last year--and supprisingly--genuine Kohler parts--at the same price I can get them from the Kohler main distribution center here...

I just sit down w/ the catolog at home--and shop away-- B)

Glenn theres a few parts in the book they dont stock and cant get any more so check with them before you get all wound up I get there catalog every year.

b-80chris

yes napa dose have mower parts. I ordered a coil for my K-181 this morning it will be in the afternoon. B) :whistle:

TT

Especially if they don't catch the typo on the 21-1024 fuel filter @ $1.49 each! :whistle:

25 for $64.46 doesn't seem so good after all, does it? B)

oldandred

Especially if they don't catch the typo on the 21-1024 fuel filter @ $1.49 each! :whistle:

25 for $64.46 doesn't seem so good after all, does it? B)

But there two different filters :horseplay:

TT

filters.jpg

Bulk pack of (25) 21-1024 Fuel Filter

Last time I checked $1.49 X 25 is only $37.25! B)

HorseFixer

Last time I checked $1.49 X 25 is only $37.25! B)

Hey TT Maybe buy 25 single ones :whistle:

Duke

glenn27

For example--the little rubber bushing and metal fuel shutoff that go in the bottom of the plastic gas tanks--B and C models, for example is about 25% less than from Toro dealer--and the same thing.

Buzz

Last time I checked $1.49 X 25 is only $37.25! :whistle:

I tink what Jerry said is that they are two different part numbers. # 21-1025 is priced at 25 for $64.46 and # 21-1024 is $1.49 each. B) Now they look the same (unless they have the wrong picture), and the discription is the same, but for some reason they have different part numbers and prices B)

combatmp29r

I tink what Jerry said is that they are two different part numbers. # 21-1025 is priced at 25 for $64.46 and # 21-1024 is $1.49 each. B) Now they look the same (unless they have the wrong picture), and the discription is the same, but for some reason they have different part numbers and prices B)

Buzz when you read the description on 21-1025 it sys bulk pack of 21-1024. the part number change is just the bulk pack verses a single. B)

• Like 1

Buzz

Buzz when you read the description on 21-1025 it sys bulk pack of 21-1024. the part number change is just the bulk pack verses a single. B)

Well that certainly makes sense........... I guess working 92 hours this week has made me a little :imstupid:

HorseFixer

I suppose like anything else ya need to shop prices and get a quote. You can like also be a preffered customer and get discounts. You can get a credit line and buy wholesale and be a cash acount also to further save money.

Duke

oldandred

Well I guess its come to this you buy your parts were you want to and i will do the same but i do check prices.

thats all I have to say theres always a better deal some were just go find it

krazy_horse

I bought my points and condencer for my 181 for less than $10.00 and in the Kohler package at NAPA

i belive Napa gets those small engine parts from Primeline , as they use the same part number. O'Reilly Autp Parts also has primline available

look up the part number on Primline's website and then give them a call , you would be surprised what they can get

http://www.primelinepe.com/

Save Old Iron

thanks 305,

that's a new one I had not seen yet

krazy_horse

First let me say I have used NAPA parts for years but: Last week I went to the not so local Napa with my parts list which included among other things two intake gaskets and breather gaskets for a K-181. He said good news and bad news. I can get you the intake gaskets but they come from West Virigna and will be the gasket price plus $10.00 UPS and the breather come from Pa. and that will be another $10.00 you guessed it added charge. I picked up my other parts and said thanks but no thanks and headed off to the not so local John Deere dealer. Well he didnt have them in stock but ordered them and the should be here the first of the week. Moral, ask first because those shipping cost can add up.

Martin

i used to shop exclusively for kohler parts at the local napa. just recently though, it seems more and more parts are either not available or they have to get them from a remote location, with shipping, of course. i dont mind a couple $ here and there, but the shipping ( or freight they call it) usually is around $7. all the toro stuff i get from the local dealer is never with any freight, and they say they can get kohler too, so im about to jump ship and get stuff from there.

i dont think napa stocks as much kohler as they used too, most of my parts were usually out of chicago or local, now when i order, im hearing indiana or some of the southern states, and not only frieght charges but it takes the best part of a week to get the parts in.

i shop around a little and sometimes ebay is just as reasonable price wise and about the same or less time.

Wheel-N-It

I buy alot of small engine parts, mower blades, belts, etc from my local NAPA dealer. They were even able to get me a new set of plug wires for my KT-17 series2

Terry M

Not too many options next door to me but there is a NAPA just a town away and they do pretty good with my small engine needs. sometimes my best bet is PARTSTREE. our local NAPA went out of business, so all I really have next door is a mom and pop small engine shop and the former ace hardware. also a john deere/ toro dealer, but they're rather expensive and not much help with wheel horse stuff.

I thought Martin would have a good laugh when he see's the new name of the former ace hardware store(same peoplework there) .

post-5864-0-50772200-1348710644_thumb.jp

• Like 2

peterson9934

I've been getting parts at Carquest. They seem to be cheaper than NAPA. Even bought mower blades there.