Sign in to follow this  
geoff

Tiller Parts Question

geoff

A couple of years ago I purchased a used tiller attachment (model: 07-36TL03) for my WH 312-8. It was (and still is) my hopes to get it operational so I can help my grandfather (who's 95) plant his flower bulbs every year, without having to fight my old Montgomery Ward/Gilson walk-behind. Since then, I have been working on getting all of the necessary parts and fabricating pieces when needed.

Aside from buying a belt, the big task now is to fix the two leaky seals on the tine shafts. I have a manual from one of the Yahoo groups, but it is for an older model (the pictures are very close). The parts I'm looking for specifically are as follows (or close to these):

#6838 - Needle Bearing 1-1/4" ID x 1" (x2)

#103118 - Seal 1-1/4" ID (x4, according to the manual)

#6851 - Gasket

Questions --

1. Are these seals and bearings for the tine shafts still available through Toro? Is it something I could find generic at Tractor Supply (or similar)?

2. In regards to the gasket for the casing, is this still available or would I be better off just buying material and making my own? What about using the silicon stuff in lieu of the paper material? Or in conjunction...?

3. What gear oil is recommended for the Tiller attachments? (the color and consistency of what came out closely resembled chocolate milk)

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Geoff - in MD

can whlvr

please dont quote me but i would think the case gasket would still be available and the seals and bearings at any decent sized bearing supply shop,napa auto parts(may have to order)and if you go to www.partstree.com and go into toro and then look around and i think uder tillers you will find your tiller,maybe if you put in the number that will help and it will take you to the parts breakdown,price and availability theres a toro site also but i dont know the address,could be www,toro and go into parts but i like parts tree,it works good

pfrederi

Some Tiller cross references

Toro WH # Torrington Bearing#

Bearings

6838 B-2016

1532 M-16121

1429 M-12121

1540 B-128

Shaft Seal Chicago Rawhide/SKF

103118 CR 12330

I use 90w gear Oil

Lost Pup

I used RTV and no gasket. No leaks so far.

Tiller Rebuild Thread

DSC04659.jpg

KyBlue

I went through mine two years ago and swapped out all the seals.

I bought mine through Toro directly. They had everything, and I too used RTV thou I went with the squeeze cheese Style (too lazy to squeeze the tube)