Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

1961 Panzer Puller

grnlark

For several years I've been talking about putting my Nighthawk CB700 4 cylinder on a stretched Panzer chassis. It's never really progresssed further than the design in my head and the collection of needed parts I've amassed here and there. But the other day this chassis fell into my lap. I saw a set of pulling tires on Craigslist that piqued my interest, so I went to go look at them. In the back of the guys shop was this dusty puller project that looked to have stalled years before. As luck would have it, it was a Panzer. I looked it over and was confident it was worth way more than I was willing to spend. It has fully functional rear disc brakes, new front rack and pinion steering and brand new rims and tires. In a nutshell, I think I stole it as evidenced by the fact that it's now in my garage. :woohoo:

Needless to say, the Panzer project in my brain has taken a significant leap forward - without lifting a finger.

puller1.jpg

puller2.jpg

puller3.jpg

puller4.jpg

fireman

So THAT'S why the Bolens ride-a-matic is plastered all over Craig's List :woohoo: Cash for a new project!

That will make a nice puller :D

grnlark

So THAT'S why the Bolens ride-a-matic is plastered all over Craig's List :woohoo: Cash for a new project!

That will make a nice puller :D

Exactly! :ROTF:

chris11

I saw that to Matt he dropped the price. now What are you going to run for a engine?

grnlark

I saw that to Matt he dropped the price. now What are you going to run for a engine?

He REALLY dropped he price when I was sitting there with

cash in hand and a trailer :woohoo:

I have a complete running 1985 Honda Nighthawk CB700 shaft drive motorcycle. That's the engine donor.

http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-googl...h?v=9ZUCj2Kk6NU

chris11

That will be cool cant wait to see it done.If you need anything made let me know......

baerpath

This is one uses a Panzer rear in it. The rears not as strong as you may think. We went to Mitchell Differential in Shrewsberry for a new set of axles for it. You may need to do the same with the bike engine. LOL

Good start now the fun begins :woohoo:

Duane

th_video-2011-06-18-12-55-02.jpg

• Like 1

312Hydro

Holy Shmoly! That pull was awesome! :woohoo:

grnlark

Duane, that is super cool! Funny thing is though, I have no interest in actually pulling with this. I just want it to look bad a__, be stupid loud and do a crazy burnouts with regular tires. So basically I'm just looking to terrorize my neighborhood and give my son something to always remember. :woohoo:

312Hydro

I just want it to look bad a__, be stupid loud and do a crazy burnouts with regular tires. So basically I'm just looking to terrorize my neighborhood and give my son something to always remember. :D

I like your thinking! :woohoo:

chris11

I want the tires Matt. let me know if you want to get rid of them.

Indy4570

I have a 4cyl isuzu diesel out of a chevette.... :woohoo:

baerpath

Not sure if the axles could take it the way there welded. Might be able to take the axles out and have them rewelded to make them stronger. The Panzer guy's weren't to concerned with strenght and straightness when they welded the axles. At least mine weren't welded all the way around or welded straight.

And Indy thats a 2.2 Nisson in mine with some modifications :woohoo:

Duane

grnlark

I want the tires Matt. let me know if you want to get rid of them.

I plan on keeping the monster tires on it for sure, but was implying that i'll swap to normal tires when I want to do burnouts or smoke shows. lol

baerpath

turf tires lay nice black streaks on blacktop :woohoo:

Duane

chris11

Duane, is right with the axles. I rebuilt my t70 rear looks like they just butt welded them together> Matt i do have a pair of tuffs for sale mounted on alum wheels. I can take a picture for you if you want. Also have made up my own wheels with slicks..paintedwheelhorse048.jpg

Gerry w

Good God! Are you nuts??Some of you guys have wayyyy too much time and $$ on your hands! That thing is going to look like it came straight from He--!

I can hear your son years from now with his friends,"yah, remember the time my dad climbed the tree in front of the house with his tractor??" :D:woohoo:

Just insane!

Gerry

• Like 1

pinwizz69

Chris11, like the gas pedal ya got on yours. I,m gonna mount one from one of my arcade games I,m going to part out. I,m a pro game/juke.pool table tech. and I have several to choose from. Thinking about a cruisin,U.S.A OR Off Raod for the donor. I reeeealy do not like the pull and twist throttle cable type throttle control design. It,s to damn dangerous when pulling stumps and other heavy duty items. I plan on doing a frame off restore after the monsoon season is over. I know you guys hate non stock paint schemes but mine is gonna get a U.S.C.G. paint job white with the red/blue racing stripe as I intend to use her to pull a float of the HH52A helo I flew SARcrew in back in 76-80. It will still due work duties unless I can find another Horse within what I can afford or a Deere as I like both. I pulled 5 small nasty palms with spikes stumps from in front of my house. My neighbors thought I was nuts but she proved em, wrong !! Latta Gatta :banghead: :thumbs2: