Sign in to follow this  
jasoncracer

Lift cylinder

jasoncracer

Lift cylinder ordering rebuild kit anybody have pictures or know how hard it is to put all new seals in?

Butch

Lift cylinder ordering rebuild kit anybody have pictures or know how hard it is to put all new seals in?

The lift cylinder on my C-175 was an easy rebuild and I got the parts with no trouble. I found out the rebuild kit part numbers through a manual for the tractor.

Butch

This may be the part number but you would have to look more into it. I found it in a WH hydraulic manual.

Part # 101699 RCPW carries it.

Give me an email address and I can email that manual to you.

Butch

See if this helps.

WH1980C175hydraulicsystem.gif

Butch

A few months ago there was a picture tutorial done on this subject. Here it is but the cylinder must be rebuildable not welded. It starts halfway down...

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...ylinder+rebuild

Nice link there Bob T. Wish that article was around when I rebuilt mine. I paid around $50 for the parts not knowing I could have gotten them at a hydraulic shop where I BOUGHT MY HOSES. DUH! :woohoo: :D

tgranthamfd

that is a very good picture tutorial, and it is not very hard to do. I had zero experience and did my own, and it work great except the part where my hoses now started leaking at the cylinder. :woohoo: Mine was the rebuild kit that Butch showed, above. It was on a 1980 model C-145.

Trouty56

I had a welded one rebuilt. Once the weld is cut the 2 pieces come apart, one slides over the other a little bit, then everything else is the same just about. The parts are readily available at Mcmaster or a shop. The tricky part is welding it back up. The dude that did it practiced on a pipe the same diameter and rotated the lathe automatically till he could lay the weld in one pass around the cylinder then quickly cool it in water before the seals melted. He melted one set before he got it right. Cost me 50 bucks though for seals and his time. He has an extra seal set cause he bought an extra in case it happened again if anybody wants to have him try. Still costs 50 bucks though... :woohoo:

Wheel Horse Fan

Nice link there Bob T. Wish that article was around when I rebuilt mine. I paid around $50 for the parts not knowing I could have gotten them at a hydraulic shop where I BOUGHT MY HOSES. DUH! :woohoo::D

Butch, what shop did you buy your hoses from? I'm thinking about rebuilding my lift cylinder, as it's leaking, and doing the hoses at the same time. Thanks

JamesBe1

I noticed today that my C-145 lift cylinder is leaking pretty badly. It won't even hold the deck up for more than five seconds. I have a spare used lift cylinder in the barn somewhere. I am hoping that one or both are not the welded type.

Can any of you tell me if the cylinders use standard 1/8" orings? Is there anything special in the rebuild kit besides the orings that I can't live without?