Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

My sons project

Kelly

My son Ryan, who is going to be 11 in a few weeks still loves his tricycle, it is a off road style, with blow up tires, Yerf dog brand, he has a few of them, we pick them up at the junk yards for a couple bucks each, well last year we started to put a ag tire on one but needed to cut the forks and make them longer, but life happened and it never got done, well he went with me to the junk yard last week, and he spotted a bigger trike like his, that he is getting a little big for, so I handed him a few dollars and sent him off to strike a deal, well he ended up buying 2 of them, one for parts for one at home, where dose he get that :hide: , after getting home we found the ag tire will fit this new bigger one with out mods and he was very happy, so he got his tool kit out and tore it apart and scuff padded the whole thing, Dad sprayed the regal red on it and the ivory on the wheels, he talked Mom into buying a new tube for the ag tire (it is dry rotted bad off a tiller) and a bag of new bolts to put it back together, and new bearings for the forks, we need to find a few WH decals for it, cut the handle bars to his size, put the grips on it, install the cranks and pedals, but it is about done, I think it looks kinda cool with the ag on it, he can't wait to ride it, we are hoping to have it done tomorrow.

Then he has one of his old ones sold to a teacher at school for her boy, starting out right buying and selling :WRS:

100_3674.jpg

100_3677.jpg

100_3691.jpg

puddlejumper

Looks like a top notch restoration to me. Kelly, you should be ashamed teaching him all those bad habits. :hide:

VinsRJ

Now that will get him where he wants to go! :hide:

smoreau

:WRS: I wish I had one of them like that when I was a kid!! :hide:

massey

These are some precious moments, cherish them.

perry

looks great ryan :hide:

Indy w h

A buddy of mine has one of those. He even went a little farther on a custom mod than you guys did. He modified the front axel and installed a Honda engine on the back !!! It's a blast to cruise on !!!!!

Indy

racinfool40

:hide: Lookin good Ryan!!! I wish I could get my son that motivated!!!!

porkchop

:hide: Nice to see a young man learning to turn wrenches.

stevasaurus

It's great to see things like that happening Kelly. Great job Ryan. I spent that kind of time with my kids when they were that age...we were building skate board ramps. :WRS: :hide:

JimD

Ryan, very cool job on the tricycle. Keep working with your Dad an you'll have skills for life. What's your next project? :hide:

Daddy Don

Look great. At least he is not on a computer all day playing games. It is great to see him using his skills. Great job :hide:

varosd

Looks Great, Any kid would love it, great color and love the tires!! Be proud and happy...teenage years are coming!!!! :hide:

Kelly

He loves working on stuff, when I sell things if the buyer is not in a hurry he helps pull parts, and the tool kit he is using is his own, he has a tool box that is getting pretty full, he ask for tools for Christmas and B-days, he's been helping me work on stuff since he was in diapers, same with his older brother and sister.

We went to a car show in town tonight and had ice cream, so it was a night off working on stuff, maybe tomorrow, it will be done.

AMC RULES

Sounds like a good kid, must have a great role model. :hide: Nice work Ryan, what's your :) look like buddy? :WRS:

Kelly

Craig this is his tractor we built 2 years ago.

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

He is proud of this, and has a few first place thropys to go with it.

Duff

All I can say is WOW! :hide:

Duff :WRS: :)

horsefeathers

Kelly pay attention to your son Ryan!!!!

You might just learn something!!

Great stuff Ryan keeep up the good work!

I love this father/ son stuff... I'am goin'a cry!

:hide: HORSEFEATHERS!

Kelly

All done except decals, I need to dig some out, cut the bars to fit him, put the grips and pedals on, heck it's even big enough I rode it for a test run and so did Mom, he's pretty happy with it, now to get back on his sisters tractor this weekend.

100_3697.jpg

100_3694.jpg

next to his old one.

100_3700.jpg

Rollerman

Very cool Ryan.

Kelly I think he needs a 3 point on it...

Kelly

Don't give him any ideas, I was told I have to swap the J hook from the old one to this one, so he can tow stuff, and have aplace to hook his tow chain, ( it's the plastic decorative chain you get at home depo with bunge cord hooks on the ends) he tows anything he can, I got caught riding it tonight by the neighbor, he came over to see what I was doing, told him I'm still a kid at heart.

Horse'n Around

Just look at that smile on him .... Absolutely priceless !!!!

smokin joe

Great to see a kid who wants to work on things :hide: :WRS:

Kelly

Wife said I had to post these or she was going to, so here you go have a laugh :hide:

100_6113.jpg

100_6112.jpg

Martin

:hide: :WRS:

man, thats some funny stuff. so did you manage to get pics of the wife on it as well? you could have used them to bargain..........