Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

RJ-58 or 59

Kelly

Ok, I picked up another WH from the junk yard, got a call thur. night and he said he saved a old WH out for me, wanted $20 for it. I picked it up today.

I found the tag painted over, and cleaned it off, but could only read,

Wheel horse

xxxth bend Inxxx

The rest was missing, but I'm sure it is a 58 or 59, It is missing the bottom of the trans :WRS: front to back broke out, but the gears all look good and turn nicely :whistle: no idea how or why it's broke.

Anyway it was worth the $20, I put the wheels and tires on it, and a motor I had in the shed, does the air cleaner look right for this tractor? Oil bath.

105_1430.jpg

105_1429.jpg

105_1431.jpg

KyBlue

Must be nice to get calls on this kinda stuff...haha

Nice find!

Kelly

Consider myself very lucky, to have these nice people looking out for me.

Or this would be in china to make a few MTD's

Brrly1

Hey Kelly I was just wondering if you would happen to give them my number, Great find.Can't ask for more than that. John

:whistle:

HorseFixer

Nice Find Kelly! :D You did good! Yes that is the right air cleaner! and seeing the hex long nut is for schanakey recoil starter. so you will need to find one of those. normally those have a cable vs a rope recoil. they are indestructable and build very well as far as recoils go. The footrests are incorrect bt they dont hurt. What is the model of the engine? I have 3 of them 2 58's one completed and a one in worse shape than yours :whistle: I also have a 59 with a clinton. :WRS: Anyways you did good lad for a $20.00 dollar bill!

Heres a pic of my 58

Cheers Duke

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1212286676.jpg

perry

thats a great score :whistle: .

figures i just sold a trans case last week. i still have the axle sides if you need them.

stevinator

Nice find,I am working on one and need to find a seat and some clinton parts like a magneto.The plug wire is ripped out of mine and a loose bolt must have came out and hit it while it was running.I have a temp briggs on it for now.The seat that was on it is all metal but has a back on it.Do you guys know a good place to look for the seat and clinton parts?I'm pretty much done otherwise,the decals are coming from Mayhew's.I drove it a little tonight and the neighbors like it. :whistle: