Sign in to follow this  
thames1964

Other Northern Wheelhorse's

thames1964

Hi

My name is Michael and I am new to the forum, although I have been a member since 2009.

I am 13 years old and have three WH tractors.

My first tractor was a Commando 7 which came from Bradford.

My second was the C-161 (1979) which came from Harrogate.

The latest tractor came from Kirkby Stephen and is a 1970 Raider 10 (which someone has modified with a 14HP engine). - This is a Belgium tractor

My Commando 7 has a Honda engine in it at the moment. The Kohler engine needs a new recoil and I had trouble starting it, so my Dad put in the Honda engine until we get the Kohler sorted.

I show my tractors at local shows, with my Dad who has a vintage wagon. We were supposed to be at Newby Hall this weekend, but Dad has done his back in!!!! Hope to go to North Yorkshire County Show next Sunday, but will depend on Dad. Otherwise they won't be out until Hunton in September.

All my collection of horticultural equipment will be on show at the NYVMS Vintage Rally and Working Weekend 24/25th September at Scorton nr Richmond, N Yorks. My mum and dad look after the Commercials done there and because it is only a couple of miles from home, I take my tractors, trailers, tanker and my seed drills and lawnmowers!

The Raider 10 will probably have it's first showing at Hunton.

Anyway, better go to school.

Michael -

Richmond, North Yorkshire.

meadowfield

Michael,

not sure if you will get this...

are you going to newby hall this year and flookburgh?

mark

Norlett

:greetings-wavegreen: hi there michael

Welcome aboard.Met your mum and dad at flookboro last year.But you were on a tractor course.(i think)

Sorry you might not make it to newby this year.But he might pick up before then.

Meadowfield and Raider10 are my Sons.Keep looking on forum at ongoing projects that we are on with.

Look at photos of our lawn ranger.That raider10 as done.Its brill.

Catch you later....Frank

Edited by Norlett

wheeledhorseman

Hi Michael,

good to see you're posting on the forum again. I take it RS is blocked on your network at school otherwise we might hear more from you. (Not that kids in school wander off task during IT lessons of course - btw I used to teach IT in a school)

Andy

pmackellow

Hello Michael and welcome to the forum

We need younger enthusiasts on board to keep the whole thing moving, sounds like you already have quite a collection !! :)

Highland Horse

Hi Everyone,

Recently became the proud owner of a C161 (1982). Always wanted a Wheel Horse!

Joined the site the other day to get some help with an electrical fault that's appeared and just realised that there's a section for us Europeans - excellent!

Look forward to sharing hints, tips, frustrations andjoys with you all!

Bruce

Norlett

:greetings-wavegreen: :greetings-wavegreen: :greetings-wavegreen: Welcome aboard Bruce.

My names Frank.

From Yorkshire.My sons are on this forum.

Mark (meadowfield) Ian (raider10)

Between us we have about 10 or 12 horses.Go to most of our local shows.

Next one is at Newby Hall,North Yorkshire 9/10 June.We will take about five that weekend.

Any way theres always someone somewhere on this forum that will make you welcome.Bye for now....Frank :greetings-wavegreen: :greetings-wavegreen: :greetings-wavegreen:

neil

Welcome Bruce to Redsquare you are amongst friends here that want to help sort your problems

there are a good few European members here also

so come and join in our regular discussions , and tell us your story

Neil from somerset

meadowfield

Hey Bruce welcome to the forum....

( this was an old thread I was trying to get Michael to reply to)

Mark

Anglo Traction

Hi Bruce, Welcome. You are not alone in Scotland. We have Steven who is in Aberdeenshire as well. Great to have you here

Highland Horse

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome! :greetings-waveyellow:

My horse has gone from bad to worse! What started as a general service is now a whole engine rebuild. To cut a long story short (and save any embarassment on me!), after installing new piston rings, grinding the valves and giving the engine a bit of a check over, it went bang! When I opened the case back up the big end has come away, stripped the threads on one of the bolt holes. Probably my fault although I swear I took care putting it back together! Unfortunately the result is going to be a re-bore, reduce the crank and a new piston 7 rod assembly.

Anyway, still positive - I'm really getting to know my machine and it's getting the work I planned for the winter. :banana-dreads:

I live near Drumnadrochit and bought my Wheel Horse along with various implements and spares about a month ago. It used to belong to an gentleman in Inverness and although he did a good job of servicing it, I don't think it's had a really good overhaul for a looong time. But that's ok, I'm prepared for that and I'm sure that I've got the makings of a good machine.

I used to do quite a bit of my own mechanics on cars and garden machinery - great to be back in it again and pleased I kept my tools!

It would be great to know where I can find good, reasonably priced parts - Kohler and Wheel Horse - in Scotland or the UK.

Look forward to swapping stories, hints and tips. I'm also intrigued by the shows.

Living out in the glen means I don't have internet connection - yet! So I'll be dropping in during spare moments at the office.

All the best,

Bruce

KATO

Welcome to red square Bruce. :canada: And don't forget the picture's.

KEN

meadowfield

Well I met Michael at our local show at the weekend and erminded him to drop in !

hopefully he will
:)

thames1964

Hi everyone,

Hi to Bruce, welcome to the forum.

Sorry I've not been on for a while. I had problems getting back into the site for a while, my Mum sorted that for me. Haven't been to many shows as my Dad has been doing some work on our vintage wagon and we've been waiting for a trailer to arrive to carry my tractors.

Managed to get sorted for Newby Hall and enjoyed the weekend. Lots of small tractors this year, lots of variety. I had my three there, the Commando 7, Raider 10 and the C161. Next show for tractors and my horticultural stuff is Masham 21st/22nd July. I will be at Flookburgh, but not with the tractors, just taking some small stuff. We didn't know where we would be with the alterations to the wagon, so didn't book much of my stuff in. We used to carry all my stuff in the back of the wagon, but we've now got living accomodation on the back of the lorry, so no room for the tractors!! We now just load up the trailer when we need it.

Will also be going to Hunton in September with the tractors, that's 8th/9th Sept,

Meadowfield/Norlett/Ewan, hope to see you at Flookburgh - we'll be parked up on the commercial line up, rather than in the field, you know what the wagon looks like (see profile picture), if you're passing, give us a shout. It's great for watching the lawn mower racing down there!

Will try to check in a bit more often now, got a busy month coming up though. Just spent nearly all this weekend watching Le Mans and off to Donington in July to watch the European GT2, Touring cars next weekend then shows in between - Hope to go to Cromford Steam Rally in August for a look, maybe see some different W.H.

Supposed I'd better go to bed- school tomorrow - Mum will be chasing me!

Bye for now

Michael.

meadowfield

Glad you are back Michael,

good to catch up with you and your dad last weekend - I posted a few pics of your 3 in the Newby Hall thread...

mark

farmer

:WRS: