CRE1992

Just got home with the 520H!!

Hydro

I think MRC is right on with the issue of cooling for the rear cylinder. I don't know about the other twins but it happened to me. I think once a certain temp is reached the dissimilar metals expand at different rates and out comes the valve guide which is pressed into the alumium (alloy??)block. JD had a similar problem when they shrouded the Onans in their 300 series. Other's on this site also attribute some of the heat to the fact the air passes over the hot oil filter before reaching the rear cylinder. No question the belt guard interferes with cooling of the rear cylinder and some engines react more quickly than others. Some it seems do not :confusion-shrug:

AMC RULES

What is the recommended modification to the belt guard that cures the over heating issue?

Don1977

What is the recommended modification to the belt guard that cures the over heating issue?

I have seen some that drilled a bunch of holes. My though would be to use a hole saw and then

put a wire guard on it like on some computer exhaust fans. I have one on an old computer with a 3" hole and I think I have see them larger.

They come in 80mm just a little over 3" and 120mm a little under 4 3/4"

Here are some fancy ones.

http://www.mnpctech.com/Computer_Fan_Grills_Laser_PC_Fan_Grills.html

Here are a few more and the cheap wire ones. They have some 140 mm around 5 1/2"

http://www.mountainmods.com/fans-related-fan-grills-c-36_39.html

HamptonT

Anyone know what tires these are? The rims look wider than stock too. 

IMG_0507.jpg

953 nut

:WRS:          Those are ag tires, short for agricultural.   :text-coolphotos:

HamptonT

Thanks for the welcome. I was hoping to get make/model/size data on the tires. They look like they would be very affective in dirt. They also look much wider than I typically see on a WH. 

WVHillbilly520H

Carlisle Tru-power super lug 23x10.50-12 ,most 520s from the back look out of proportion with the wider

8 hours ago, HamptonT said:

Thanks for the welcome. I was hoping to get make/model/size data on the tires. They look like they would be very affective in dirt. They also look much wider than I typically see on a WH. 

factory wheels and flat wide tires the old Dicos were rounder and don't look as wide in the same size, Jeff.

k2wilson
On 3/14/2017 at 10:39 PM, HamptonT said:

Those tires look a lot like the ones I have on my 520H.  They are Carlisle 23x10.50-12 on stock width rims.

100_4569.JPG

100_4571.JPG

Edited by k2wilson
  • Like 2

Ga. Grizz

Do those tire make a mess of the yard when just cutting grass?

TDF5G
19 hours ago, Ga. Grizz said:

Do those tire make a mess of the yard when just cutting grass?

I have used AG tires for mowing with my B-80 for 20 years.  I put them on for better traction on the hills, especially when we have very wet or even very dry conditions.  The AGs give me more traction, which means less spinning and yard damage.  It takes a little getting used to and learning to not spin them.  If they do spin, it doesn't leave as big a spin out patch as a turf tire does I've realized also.

• Like 2

Ga. Grizz

Thanks for the info,  always wondered if they would make a mess. May have to check into a set.

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Looks like a Beautiful Tractor Charles :bow-blue:  how many hr on it?

~Duke

CRE1992
On 3/21/2017 at 11:33 PM, HorseFixer said:

Looks like a Beautiful Tractor Charles :bow-blue:  how many hr on it?

~Duke

Duke!

Sorry Haven't been on here in a awhile! Too busy with work 60+ hours a week, and trying to live life. This is an old thread buddy, I got that tractor like 7 years ago, and it is long gone. 

I've actually only got one tractor, and its not red, its orange. :whistle: Can't get any more now anyways, the house I live in has very small lot. To the point where its just big enough for a push mower haha.

-Charles

stevebo

Flipper... Good to hear from you. Hope life it treating you well.